• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Burton Power - resource

gordonra

Donation Time
A couple of weeks ago I did some online searching for performance parts for the 2.8. Came across Burton in the UK... They seem to have a few items specific to the 2.8, so I ordered a catalog that came today.

If anyone is interested:

http://www.burtonpower.com/

alpine_64

Donation Time
I posted a link to burton maybe mid last year in respect to their repro oil filler caps for lotus motors (AKA the 3 ear petrol caps for SI/II alpines) I believ 1 member ordered one from them but had issues with delivery.

I know Burton have been round a long time, might have been an isolated incident, might have been miscommunication.. but if the member might clarify what happened could shed some light on their service to international purchasers

WildBill

Donation Time
I know we discussed the Euro 2.8 and the US version a couple of weeks ago when Burtons came up. Just wanted to again restate that many parts from the Euro 2.8 or 2.8i do not fit the US verion. Best if you ask here on the board before you send a bunch of money for the cool intake that will take 3 two barrel carbs - it doesnt fit our US version. Sorry.

William Ramsey
1974 2800 5 Speed Capri
1973 2600 4 Speed Capri

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
The heads, and thus the intake and exhaust manifolds are different from the U.S. spec 2.8 V6 Cologne engine. The rest of the engine is the same. My kit will not work with the Euro spec heads.

Jose

Ed109

Donation Time
They're about a 15 minute drive from my house - which could be dangerously expensive once I get my UK spec V6 running and decide to start 'tweaking'...

Am happy to pop in to get a visual or measurements on any parts members maybe thinking of ordering. Happy to act as shipper too if it turns out cheaper for anyone.