• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bullet mirror seller on eBay recommendation

alpine_64

Donation Time
Dennis,

There are lots of differences in the various bullet mirrors.. as there were back in the day.

The shapes are quite different, some more pointed some more round, the way/type of screw mounts into the end of the mirror, the size of the mirrors face, the height and angle of the mirror.

Then you have the various manufacturing qualities, some are plastic with chrome, some pot metal with chrome, some are brass with chrome others are polished stainless or ally.

I have been trying to get a set of mirrors that are either original Talbot or Walpress but they seem to go for lots NOS.. and nobody seems to re-manufacture any that look quite right.

As a side note, I got 2 sets off ebay a few years back here in AU that are similar to tyhe ones you have.. the chrome pitted on them very quickly.. they cost me 100AU a set.

I am looking at getting these:
http://www.finishlineaccessories.com/catalog/images/MR Talbot.jpg

http://www.finishlineaccessories.co...d=191&osCsid=a8eb325ba26a8864866d20ff6530b8d4

But if anyone has a really nice set of original talbot mirros.. drop me a PM

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Michael,

I have also been searching for some time for a bullet style mirror to replace the one I removed from the drivers door on my SIV. Only problem is I have yet to come across any that have a mounting hole spacing of 4 inches, they are usually up to a max. of about 3.5 inches.

Apart from having to drill another hole, I doubt they'd completely cover the footprint of the old mirror, which is a hideous silver painted plastic affair. I don't know what the PO was thinking before it was fitted, he was so fussy with everything else that was done to the car. It looks like something you'd find in a bubblegum machine :eek:

Cheers, Lance.

alpine_64

Donation Time
lance,

im quite sure i have seen some with the 4' base.. they generally have 2 bases.. and the bottom plinth is quite long.. send me a picture of yours and ill see if it looks the same. there was a set on ebay in the USA that are ols and long base.. but they were badly pitted.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have also been searching for some time for a bullet style mirror to replace the one I removed from the drivers door on my SIV. Only problem is I have yet to come across any that have a mounting hole spacing of 4 inches, they are usually up to a max. of about 3.5 inches.

These are for a Mustang. Available at National Parts Depot.

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Mike,

Thanks for posting the link, what I'm looking for would be a combination of the long base in the top photo and the traditional "bullet" style head in the lower shot.

I found the Talbot mirrors after a Google search and as Michael suggested they are a beautiful looking mirror but the one that appeared most suitable had a $250 price tag! Easy to justify if you're mounting it on a 300SL Benz, but not quite so on a lowly Alpine :rolleyes:

Lance.