• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

bucket seats, anyone?

PINECAT

Donation Time
Hello friends,
I have a SIV that had its front seats removed and would like to find a couple replacements!
Any suggestions on similar/substitute fitments is also appreciated. Since I will be reupholstering them, the fabric quality is not a problem if dog and or hamsters got loose and did the old "shred a bed" vinyl & foam attack :D

Thanks!!!
I'm in so ca .....where the air is hard to breathe....

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Miata Seats will fit nicely and have headrest in case you want that option. Some of them even have speakers embedded;)

Lots of guys have gone that way.

DanR

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
And further, there's a 1995 (I think) model that had separate, removable headrests that allow for tonneau cover use. Don't remember its name, but I think it only came in merlot with tan interior.

alpine_64

Donation Time
For a classic looking race style seat corba and corbeau " classic" model buckets are good. I have them in my sii. They dont have adjustable backrest though.. They are available with headrests but look better without.

Otherwise for morw $ the GTS brand seats have some great period seats, the Sebring model would be nice in a sunbeam.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
These are Series 5 seats that have been custom upholstered. The headrests are from early 90's chevy pickup and are removable. In decent shape, but it is a long way from Connersville to Southern Cal.

Bill

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
And further, there's a 1995 (I think) model that had separate, removable headrests that allow for tonneau cover use. Don't remember its name, but I think it only came in merlot with tan interior.

It was called the M Edition. You can see a photo of the seats here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...DyayoqTf_iGVcvJtO8vkjwkA&ust=1495505423428621
I have a set of them that I plan on putting in my V6. FWIW, I believe the same seats were used outside the US in other years.

These are Series 5 seats that have been custom upholstered. The headrests are from early 90's chevy pickup and are removable.

Bill: I always thought you did a great job on those seats and like the way the headrests look like they belong. Did you take any photos of the frame showing the installation of headrests?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Alpine 1789 Bill: I always thought you did a great job on those seats and like the way the headrests look like they belong. Did you take any photos of the frame showing the installation of headrests?[/QUOTE said:
No. All the upholstery work was farmed out to a local shop. I cleaned up the frames, installed nylon webbing seat foundation as at the time, the new diaphragms were no good. He did the rest.

I told the "guy" what I needed in the way of headrests, he reached under a table and brought these out. Couldn't believe it. Fortunately, the "boss" was home, so it was an instantaneous decision. The next door welding shop installed them.

Bill

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
He did nice work. Please try to remember to get some photos of the attachment points if you ever get them reupholstered.

PINECAT

Donation Time
:)

Thanks for the great responses everyone! If anyone has a stock set, (modifiied is ok) that'd be my #1 pick and if I can't find anyone to ship me those then I'm gonna go Miata digging! ---mainly because of the seat brackets (absent) and the ease of bolting in originals - I'm guessing the Miata bolt pattern is different (?)

Thanks to all!!!

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for the great responses everyone! If anyone has a stock set, (modifiied is ok) that'd be my #1 pick and if I can't find anyone to ship me those then I'm gonna go Miata digging! ---mainly because of the seat brackets (absent) and the ease of bolting in originals - I'm guessing the Miata bolt pattern is different (?)

Thanks to all!!!

I've got a spare stock pair or two of varying quality as well as bare frames, but shipping from Georgia would make it financially silly. Surely someone closer will have some available.

Miata seats require some adapter brackets and some adjustment to Miata brackets/sliders. Somewhere on this site, I was able to find a drawing of how it should be done. I went a different, less attractive but still effective route (separate adapters for each corner).

PINECAT

Donation Time
to Greg

Hi Greg,
Thanks for the response!
Might not be too bad depending on what u want for the worst pair?
Please send me a PM if u want and maybe we can figger something out.
:)

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
Seats

I have a set of original seats and seat mounting sliders from a series V....seats are complete but will need to be redone....Located in jupiter, florida.....mike

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
If you decide on Miata seats, stay with the first generation seats. The second generation seats will fit, but are a lot of work if you want to retain as much adjustment as possible.

Bill

PINECAT

Donation Time
I got some seats!

Thanks to all of you AWESOME people for your responses. I was able to get some stock bucket seats for my alpine and now I won't have that milk crate pattern on my pants anymore :)