• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

British Car Show in North Carolina

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hello members,

On the weekend of April 18th, 2009 there is a British Car Show called "The Gathering" in Dobson , N.C. at Shelton Vinyards. This show is one of my favorite shows due to the setting, the number of cars (over 200) and the way the show is run. It is sponsored by the Triumph Club of North Carolina and this year the featured car is the Triumph. It is a good excuse to get you car out for the spring and kick off the summer with a nice show. I do know there will be one Sunbeam there. It sure would be great to have a few others there with me. Oh, the host motel is SOLD OUT which means the crowd is going to be huge. I found a motel in Jonesville, at the Holiday Inn Express 1-336-835-6000 which is ten miles from the show.

Here is the application:

http://www.triumphclub.org/Gathering/GatheringBrochure09.pdf

Bob, I hope you did'nt mind me posting this in your region. It appears the South Carolina does not belong to one. I vote for Eric to be the SC region rep!!! lol

Cheers,

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Todd, I plan on going if I can get someone to drive my other sunbeam there will be three there!!! Its hard to drive two cars at one time:eek:

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
So why don't they have a Sunbeam class at the show? I love being grouped with the "others" group.....Maybe I will drive my classic Mini-they do have a class for that.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hey Eric......

Hey Eric, Did you get a new garage ? The one in the Mini photo looks much to empty to be one of yours ! :)

Tom j

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
So far it looks like we will have a few Sunbeams at this show. Only a few more days to pre-register. You will not be dissapointed with this show if you come.

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Third request to get more Sunbeams into the show coming up this weekend in Dobson, NC. This show is called The Gathering and they will 'gather" 225 ish cars in a beautiful location. Hope to see ya there! It's this coming Saturday!!!!

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
We had a whopping 4 Sunbeams at this show and two of them belonged to George and Beverly Coleman. George and Beverly came in their Alpine and had a friend drive their Tiger. Jim and Avis Allen from Greenville came in with their Tiger and I had ole baby blue, my Alpine there. The show hosted some 200 plus cars in a beautiful setting with weather in the low 70's. This is a show that should be on everyone's calendar for next spring. Geirge and I were relaxing and enjoying the hsow when we had had two lady's come up to us wanting to know who owned the two Alpines. She wanted to know because she had a couple in her backyard that she needed to get rid of. After the show I went and looked at them and it was really one Alpine and piece of metal that had been once called an Alpine. We'll let you know if we do not get them so someone can enjoy them. They were both Series IV cars.

Cheers,