• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Brake reservoir - does this look normal?

MSiege

Silver Level Sponsor
Below are pictures of the reservoir in my SV. I've never seen one this high, peeking over the top of the cowl like this. It is separate from the cylinder.

Any advice as to why this would be, and a suitable replacement?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4736.JPG
    IMG_4736.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4737.JPG
    IMG_4737.JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 62

MSiege

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks very much. Seemed like an unusually high placement compared to other cars I've owned. The cap almost touches the cowl when screwed on, and must be really close to the hood when it's closed.

65beam

Donation Time
I used a taller reservoir on my series 4 than what is on the wife's blue series 5 but on the series 4 the reservoir mounts to the master cylinder instead of using the metal line like a series 5. Mounting the reservoir high probably had to do with clearance of the side draft carb air filters used on the series 5.

Attachments

• 107_1011.JPG
    107_1011.JPG
    765.4 KB · Views: 32