• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Brake plate?!?

Steeman01

Donation Time
Hey everyone,

Question, and maybe it's been talked about, but I can't seem to find what to call this pieces in order to properly search it!!

I am redoing my whole brake system and now I am rebuilding my calipers. In the haste of of taking the calipers apart, I didn't note which directions these "plates" were in the calipers? They have arrows stampped in them, so I would assume they go in with the arrows facing the front, aka the typical rotation direction of the tires...?

Any insight or thoughts?!?

Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20210227_044734454.jpg
    PXL_20210227_044734454.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 62
  • PXL_20210227_044742202.jpg
    PXL_20210227_044742202.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 65

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Wheel travel direction toward the front.

Noticed you have the calipers separated. Beware of the torque specs when putting back together. The WSM's have different spec. Later WSM is recommended.

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
They don't usually recommend splitting the calipers, probably for concerns they are not reassembled properly. But if you do, I believe Sunbeam Specialties sells the correct seals for the transfer port between the halves.

Steeman01

Donation Time
Thanks @rixter, I saw the recommendation not to split, they were in serious need of big time TLC, more than could be done when fully assembled. I did get new pistons and seals from SS, so now I am starting to rebuild now, here's hoping!

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey everyone,

Question, and maybe it's been talked about, but I can't seem to find what to call this pieces in order to properly search it!!

I am redoing my whole brake system and now I am rebuilding my calipers. In the haste of of taking the calipers apart, I didn't note which directions these "plates" were in the calipers? They have arrows stampped in them, so I would assume they go in with the arrows facing the front, aka the typical rotation direction of the tires...?

Any insight or thoughts?!?

Thanks!
The arrows point in the direction of travel towards the front!