• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Brake caliper O ring help!

mr.bridger

Donation Time
Anyone know where I can find the inner seal O rings for my freshly restored 67 calipers? They didn't come with the rebuild kits. Thanks for any and all suggestions...

johnd

Donation Time
When I was looking for these last year I was given to understand that SS did not stock them. I then did a little research and found an article that said that late TR3B's and TR4's used the same Girling caliper and that the o-rings (square cut) were available from Moss Motors for like $2.50 each. Look for Part No. 583-820. They worked fine for my SII and I believe all Alpines use the same caliper.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I too, did not see them in their Catalog!!

Dad also said to ask questions!;)

I ask a lot and at times I feel rather "dumb" at the answer some times....

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
When I was looking for these last year I was given to understand that SS did not stock them. I then did a little research and found an article that said that late TR3B's and TR4's used the same Girling caliper and that the o-rings (square cut) were available from Moss Motors for like $2.50 each. Look for Part No. 583-820. They worked fine for my SII and I believe all Alpines use the same caliper.

SI and SII are different from the later Alpines!

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
This will work From NAPA:cool:

Caliper Seal Boot Kit - Front
Part Number: UP 667
Product Line: NAPA Ultra Premium Brake Parts

Caliper Boot Kit - Front
Part Number: ATM K393S
Product Line: Altrom Imports

Last edited: