• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Brake cable length

Paul Domoney

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi folks
The hand brake cables on my R.H.D.series 111 have stretched. We have people in Zimbabwe who make up new cables using the existing fittings but I was wondering if any one could tell me what length the cables should be. The part numbers are 254 (long cable) and 273 (short cable) in the parts list. The only other option is to make them say 1" shorter to compensate for the stretch.
Paul

mikephillips

Donation Time
I don't have the lengths available to me right now but I'll see if I have them in my parts manual later. Hope everything is going well for you there, I hear it's not the best environment right now.

Paul Domoney

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks Mike for your quick response. My parts list does not give the cable length unfortunately. Maybe you have a different parts list.
Life here is still good as long as you don't get involved with the politics. Lovely place for a holiday. Even my sister is coming out from UK next week for a short holiday.
Cheers Paul

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Paul - I bought mine from Speedograph Richfield in the UK. You might try a google search for their website and see if they list the length.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Looked through everything I had Sunday and nothing has lengths for the cables. Kind of odd since there are sizes of other components. Sorry I can't really help, but if something comes up with them I'll pass it along.