• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bolt size?

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Thank you!
I sold my hard copy to someone restoring an Alpine. Strange that both bumpers are the same but front and rear mounting bolts are different size.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
So I bought two bolts 7/16" UNF and someone must have drilled out the nuts to a larger size since these fall right in. Or did they change sizes in different years?

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Stock size is 1/2" UNF x 1-3/4", per the Parts Manual. 7/16" UNF was for the "Le Mans" Alpine.

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Just to clarify, the front bolts from bracket to body is 1/2-20 and 1 3/4” long? I swear I read somewhere they were something like 3/4 or an inch long. Feh. Back to Home Depot lol.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
The bolts are definitely 1/2-20 thread on all of my unmolested Alpines.

I also utilized grade 5 as a minuim selection.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just to clarify, the front bolts from bracket to body is 1/2-20 and 1 3/4” long? I swear I read somewhere they were something like 3/4 or an inch long. Feh. Back to Home Depot lol.

Scotty,

I'm not sure if we are mixing front and rear bumper attachment bolts. This thread started out about the bolts to attach the rear bumper to the frame. Those bolts are 1/2" UNF x 1-3/4".

The bolts to attach the front bumper to the frame are listed as 1/2" UNF x 1".

1714960652037.png

I assume the "A/R" (as required) that is listed for the plain 1/2" washer is for stacking the washers to get the desired spacing between the bumper and the car.

Mike

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Scotty,

I'm not sure if we are mixing front and rear bumper attachment bolts. This thread started out about the bolts to attach the rear bumper to the frame. Those bolts are 1/2" UNF x 1-3/4".

The bolts to attach the front bumper to the frame are listed as 1/2" UNF x 1".

View attachment 31764

I assume the "A/R" (as required) that is listed for the plain 1/2" washer is for stacking the washers to get the desired spacing between the bumper and the car.

Mike
That makes so much more sense. Sorry that I'm so dense. Thanks for clearing that up for me!!