• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bell housing dia

Derek

Donation Time
Can someone give me the diameter of a SV bell housing? I'm getting ready to do my OD swap and want to make sure I can get the car up high enough. I've decided not to pull the engine for fear of "well as long as it's out..."

Also I belive that my engine and trans rubber mounts are so tired that the engine has settled and is allowing the exhaust to come in contact with the frame at the hole in the x. VB looks to be the only source this side of the Atlantic for trans mounts, anyone had any experience with these ?

Thanks Derek

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Isn't the OD/gearbox unit too long to drop down (or raise up) in the rear and clear the crossmember, without either moving the engine forward (or lifting it out)?

An SIV bellhousing diameter is ~13.5 inches; SV should be close if not the same.