• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Badge Bars and Weber Linkage Kits

A

AlpineIan

I didn't see that I had personal messages until tonight. Sorry for the delay in getting back to some of you.

Badge Bars are going fast... I only had 12 sets made up and right now 5 are sold... Get them now before they are gone. I seriously doubt I can have the next batch made at the same price. This batch was put together from left over fog light and badge bar assemblies from the first batch we had made up years ago. The accessory bars that I just had made to complete the sets went way up in price. Chrome plating has also gone up. I will be having more made, but I don't know yet how much the new batch will run.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sparto bases

Hey Ian,

I'm very interested in what you'll have to offer on the Sparto base plinths.

ty, Mark

alpine_64

Donation Time
Ian,

I would be careful about who you sell these to and how many you sell to a given person. You dont want to end up selling them to people who are just going to flip them at inflated prices on e-bay. If thats the case, put them on e-bay with a buy it now price yourself.

A

AlpineIan

I'm sure they will be pretty expensive. I'm only going to have a smal batch made and they won't be castings. They will be hand fabricated. I'm guessing they will be around a couple hundred a set just for the bases. I am going to be setting up an eBay store once i get things in order. Thanks guys!

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
badge bars & weber linkage

Ian, One other part that would be useful and kind of goes along with the badge bar would be the spot & fog light mounts for the front of the car. A nice set of chromed ones would be great! Let me know if you'd make those.
Cheers!
Steve

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
badge bars & weber linkage

Ian, One other part that would be useful and kind of goes along with the badge bar would be the spot & fog light mounts for the front of the car. A nice set of chromed ones would be great! Let me know if you'd make those.
Cheers!
Steve

A

AlpineIan

Yes... as you can see in the picture they come complete with the hardware, fog light brackets, badge bar, and accessory bar. The fog light brackets are chromed.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
badge bars

So, does that mean that they're going to be available? Sorry for the double post before, it said I wasn't signed in (but I was) and then signed in and lookee there, double post!
Let me know about the mounts.
Thanks Ian!
Steve

A

AlpineIan

They are available right now until I run out of stock. I have roughly 5 more complete sets. If I run a new batch they will cost more and won't be available for a few months.

A

AlpineIan

I have put names on all the sets of badge bars that have been spoken for. Only 3 sets left. These come with accessory bar, fog light brackets, and badge bar. You will need to provide your own lights, badges and badge clips. I will be shipping these orders end of this week or early next week. Thanks guys!

I picked up the Weber linkage kits today. Right now they are in the flat, so I still need to bend them and make the linkage rods. Still a few weeks before I'm ready to take orders.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Ian: I would like one of the remaining badge bars and will contact you later to arrange payment.

Thanks.

Jim Stone

A

AlpineIan

Ok Jim... you just got the last one. Thanks!

All the badge bars are now spoken for. I will look into having another batch made up. Thanks everyone.

I picked up the Weber linkage brackets today. I will be tooling up to bend them next week... still a couple week before I'll be ready to send any out. If you want one of these please send me an email and I will start a list. I had plenty of them made so no worry about running out for a while.

A

AlpineIan

Badge bars are going out in the mail today. I made upa simple installation sheet to go with it, but forgot to print it up and put it in the box. Please email me if you want one.

Thanks!

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Ian,
Keep in mind that if you use the original sparto base for the reverse lights, it WILL NOT fit the phony "originals" lights being sold on e-bay. Well, not phony in make, but in application. That's why they never come with the bases.....they will not fit.

I know you probably have an original set of lights and bases so you may want to grab a set of the fakes they are selling so you can make the modifications nessessary to have the bases fit both types of lights.

Paul

A

AlpineIan

Paul,

you are right... I've seen two versions of the Sparto light. Omne with the bulb housing made into the base and the other has a bulb housing that fits between the base and light unit. One light unit is cast and the other is made from a cast ring with cut steel tube.

I was planning to make these bases fit both styles that I know of. Are the one you speak about different?

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I case anyone is wondering what I just said............

The original Alpine reverse lights had the light socket built into the base casting, or pilath (sp) as some have called them. The ones you see being sold have the socket in the upper portion and it will not fit the original base. They must be machined out to accept the large protruding socket with rubber sock you see. In addition, a hole in the sheet metal of you body must be drilled to accept this large scary thing. Whereas the original only needed two small holes for the mounting screws. Once mounted of course, you can't tell the diff.

Hope that make sense.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
My hunch is the ones you see being passed off as Alpine reverse light were made for another application, but I have not been able to pin down the exact vehicle.

Anyone have an old Sparto Catalog? My feeling is they were made for a commercial vehicle or bus?

M

mschoonmaker

I have a weber 2bl carb the box is labeled "sc50w" and "22680.005". I also have the "maybe right" intake manifold. Does your linkage reverse the direction of turn from the stromberg linkage ? Now before I order, does the weber produce more HP or should I just keep the strombergs and fuss with the tuning thing????
I looked at your picture and cant figure out how it works, do you have a mounted picture???
Oh yea, I have a 1967 alpine