• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Back to the sunbeam fold!!!

moonracer

Donation Time
Hello,

Thought I might introduce myself and give a short history of my Sunbeam ownership.

Back in 1979 I bought my first Alpine i was 14 at the time and rebuilt it to be my driver when I turned 16 It was a 67 in British Racing Green. I drove that car for 10 years but wife and kids eventually left it standing in the corner of the garage and I sold it. Life takes you in many directions I bought a business which still alowed me to be involved with cars and my interests changed to 2-stroke SAABs. I rebuilt many old strokers and V-4's but always missed my Alpine. My wife for my 40th birthday suprised me with a red 67 alpine. The car is in great shape (no rust, good interior) but needs a complete paint job. Untill this summer I drove it about 500 miles a year because I still have 2 old SAAB strokers yet. I live in northern Iowa and heard about the Sunbeam Invasion being held in Winona MN this year, so more attention is getting spent on the Alpine as I'm planning on attending. I'm sure I'll be posting more here as I run into parts needed as I do the mechanical rebuild this summer.

Marty

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of help and info here. I also have a Saab history. I learned to drive in '65 Saab 96 and always wanted a Sonett People would laugh at the rrrreeeeenn-ding-ding-ding-ding sound, until you squealed the front tires.:D