• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Back Axle rebuild

Limey

Donation Time
Hi all,

I am prepping to re-assemble the back axle and I have a few bits I need your advice on.
It is a splined hub wire wheel axle.

1)I only have 4 of the 8 short headed bolts that hold the brake drum to the hub. Does any body know where I can get these or have some second hand?
View attachment 1929

2)I had no studs on the banjo. Can you tell me the size and thread/s

3) I do not have the 2 per side 'dowel bolts' for the oils seal housing and dust shield combo.Does any body know where I can get these or have some second hand?
View attachment 1930

4) where can I get new and correct leaf spring bolts. Can I get these from Moss do you think?

5) I have a brake hose for the rear but a lot of thread is left after screwing in to the junction. Does this look right to you. I know there is a lock nut not shown
View attachment 1931

All advice gladly taken

Thanks

Olly

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
A factory parts manual should have a list of the correct bolts needed for your application.:rolleyes: The hose thread junction looks to be right when the jam nut is in place.

Limey

Donation Time
A factory parts manual should have a list of the correct bolts needed for your application.:rolleyes: The hose thread junction looks to be right when the jam nut is in place.

Thanks for your feed back George. I have all the manuals and parts books. I know which bolts they are but unfortunately not where to get them.

Olly

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
If you have size and thread then maybe can go to a fastener supply place and get the closest thing to what you need! good Luck:eek:

Limey

Donation Time
McMaster-Carr.com for bolts.

Good luck.

Trouble is I'm in the UK. I can source standard Imperial bolts but these less common ones are hard to find. I can have them made but that's going to cost.

Any one out parting out a car and can supply me witj these?

Ta

Oliver

britishmetal200

Donation Time
Oliver, did you find a source for these bolts? I have none so don't know what the head looks like. "The attachment 1929" you posted doesn’t load. thanks for your help. Chris Lunn

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi all,

I am prepping to re-assemble the back axle and I have a few bits I need your advice on.

1)I only have 4 of the 8 short headed bolts that hold the brake drum to the hub. Does any body know where I can get these or have some second hand?
View attachment 1929

3) I do not have the 2 per side 'dowel bolts' for the oils seal housing and dust shield combo.Does any body know where I can get these or have some second hand?
View attachment 1930

4) where can I get new and correct leaf spring bolts. Can I get these from Moss do you think?

5) I have a brake hose for the rear but a lot of thread is left after screwing in to the junction. Does this look right to you. I know there is a lock nut not shown
View attachment 1931

All advice gladly taken

Thanks

Olly
Alpine Tiger spares in the UK

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi all,

View attachment 1929

View attachment 1930

View attachment 1931

All advice gladly taken

Thanks

Olly
McMaster car shouldered bolts.