• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'B' Post trim panels

mackem

Donation Time
Are these photos any good

Attachments

• alpine sunbeam 16.jpg
    alpine sunbeam 16.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 44
  • alpine sunbeam 17.jpg
    alpine sunbeam 17.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 44

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
Mackem,
Absolutely stunning ride!!!!!! Would like to see more pics of the rest of the car. I think some close-ups of the B post installation would be suitable for the thread.

Thanks,
Jim

Nick Farrow

Donation Time
Are these photos any good

Thanks for those! That confirms what I originally thought it should look like, but now I'm concerned that GTs are completely different! Is that your car? I've seen those pics on an auto-trimmers website.

Steve, I actually live in Aldershot on the Surrey/Hampshire border.

Has anyone got any detailed pics of the rear seat area in a GT? I'm sure there's a piece of trim I'm missing and I can't seem to find any pics or anything in vendors catalogues etc.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Nick, Heres a shot of Paul Scofields Series 3 GT. I've been saving it for just this , and of course reference.

The B post kind of wraps the whole "B" area and is held by the seal that runs the length of the door opening, and yes GT's are completely different than ST's!

Cheers!
Steve

Attachments

• reargt.jpg
    reargt.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 26

mackem

Donation Time
No Nick, that's not my car, I just had those photos on my computer and thought they might help. I should be starting to put my interior in next week, so i'll be looking to you for advice.

ALC 68A

Donation Time
Mackem
I've seen those pictures of the blue interior before, on the website of a firm of trimmers called CAT Developments. It looks like quality work, but it's a shame that they didn't get the details right. The car is a IV sport, but if you look, you can see they they put flutes in the arm rest pad, which obviously shouldn't be there, and GT style flutes in the door panels which are incorrect for a sport (although they are wrongly spaced even for a GT). I think the horizontal panels on the seats look a bit wider than they should be as well. Going back to the subject of this thread, the rear quarter trims extend over the B posts like a GT, which again is incorrect for a sport.

It looks like the trimmers used GT trim as a pattern and the car has ended up with a sort of hybrid sport/GT style, as a result. It looks good, and perhaps it's what the owner requested, but it's not strictly correct. If I were spending the money that this must have cost, I think I would have plumped for the correct style.

Steve

Nick Farrow

Donation Time
Hi Nick, Heres a shot of Paul Scofields Series 3 GT. I've been saving it for just this , and of course reference.

The B post kind of wraps the whole "B" area and is held by the seal that runs the length of the door opening, and yes GT's are completely different than ST's!

Cheers!
Steve

Thanks for the pic Steve! Very grateful for all the pics so far, but still haven't seen one that shows the actual B post trim and how this relates/connects to the rear side panel. I've searched through hundreds of photos online and I just can't find a single one that shows this part on a GT! Am I right in thinking the 'B' post trim I've bought is no good to me? And if so, how come there doesn't seem to be an alterative available.

Sorry to be a pain the backside!
Nick

ALC 68A

Donation Time
Nick
Sorry - I didn't get the chance to photograph the interior over the weekend, because I was busy getting the car fit to take its MOT test today. It's in the local garage having this and a full service today, ready for the National later this month. I'll take some pics when I get it back, but it looks virtually the same as the shot of the red GT posted earlier. My trim is a bit more shabby than that one, but it's all there and all original, so makes a good reference.

Are you going to Warwick by the way? If so, perhaps we can meet up. It's a shame you are a bit far away from Epsom Downs, but if you fancy a trip out on the second Sunday of the month, you'd be welcome.

Steve

ALC 68A

Donation Time
Nick
I should have said that I did look at the B post trim yesterday, and it's a separate piece from the actual rear quarter trim panel, not part of it as I thought, although the edge of it is hidden under the quarter panel. Unfortunately, soft trim panels are not shown in the parts list illustration, but there is no reference in the written part of the list to a B post trim - only the rear quarter trim - so perhaps the two are joined together behind somehow. Whatever backing it has is shaped to fit the B post, and then trimmed over with vinyl. However, I could not see how it is attached to the car - whether it's by glue or some kind of clip, I couldn't tell.

Steve

Nick Farrow

Donation Time
Thanks for the info Steve, and thanks for looking! I've suddenly got an idea in my head of how it might fit together - gonna have a look when I get home from work tonight!

Don't think I'll be going to the National. I've been doing my interior rebulid since April and during that time my MOT has run out, so even when I've finished the interior (which is going to take another couple of weeks) I've still got to get the car MOTd. If I can get it done in time, I'll be there! Might come to the Epsom meet at some point - seems to be the closest one to me. Unfortunately there isn't much info on the SAOC forum to tell you about such things!

Cheers
Nick