• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Automatic trans. kickdown cable

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
'64 Borg Warner 35 from an Alpine. Throttle (kickdown) cable needed, or info on like cable on MG, Triumph, others.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
I deleted my previous post because of an incorrect statement about the transmission end of the TV cable. On the BW35, the TV cable goes inside the transmission case and it seems unlikely that a "universal" aftermarket cable can be made to work.

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
Does the car really need one? Why not just down shift manually.
I understand it controls the pressure to know when to upshift as well as downshift and kickdown.
And if not adjusted properly can burn up the transmission (which is possibly what happened).

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
I deleted my previous post because of an incorrect statement about the transmission end of the TV cable. On the BW35, the TV cable goes inside the transmission case and it seems unlikely that a "universal" aftermarket cable can be made to work.
Yep, and no response here, also no leads on new or used cables in the US (eBay, Amazon, discount sellers, google search for BW35 MG Triumph Volvo and others.

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Maybe these folks can make you one:

Description from site:

KICK DOWN CABLE BW35 CUSTOM MADE P5 3000

ROVER PART 601374 FOR BW35 IN P5 3000

FOR P6 AND P5 3500 SEE THE FOLLOWING

ROVER PART NO. 605403 for 3500 with BW 35 Gearbox

ROVER PART NO. 601167 for 2000 & 2200 with BW35 Gearbox

ROVER PART NO. RTC117 for 3500 with BW65 gearbox.

At the very minimum we need all the details from the plate on the side of the Borg Warner Gearbox, however it would be better if you could send the old cable to us so that it can be copied.

These are custom made to order cables especially for MGBD SERVICES, we do not stock them on the shelf therefore delivery may take upto 14 days from the time of order and/or the arrival of your old cable.

Hopefully something here helps you. Good luck with this!

twautomotive

Silver Level Sponsor
I am confused about "the TV cable goes inside the transmission case ". Did you mean the end of the cable (part #163) goes inside the transmission? The other end goes to the carb linkage (part #31).

cable.jpgcable.jpg

carb.jpg