• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

ARP bolts

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Are ARP rod bolts even still available? I have one last pack in my stores, but I plan to use them this summer.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have a few sets of ARP rod bolts for the Alpine engine for sale. $150 per set plus shipping
Jan

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, I realise that ARP bolts are used all over - I've used their bolts for many years now - particularly head studs/nuts. But I had thought that the special ARP Alpine rod bolts were NLA.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
There isn't a set for the Alpine, but I recently used a set in my Triumph Renown and I used them in my Morris as well.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Probably a stupid question but what would you expect from me.... Are con rod bolts reuasable once torqued? :confused:

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Probably a stupid question but what would you expect from me.... Are con rod bolts reuasable once torqued? :confused:

Yes and no.

No if you dont know the metallurgy of the fastener enough to trust you havent gone beyond its yield strength.

Quality ones like ARP is yes, but to a limited extent.
Engine builders often keep a log of each fasteners length and toss them when the lengths go out of spec.
GOOD builders measure the stretch of the fastener instead of measuring torgue.

old grumpy

Donation Time
Yes and no.

No if you dont know the metallurgy of the fastener enough to trust you havent gone beyond its yield strength.

Quality ones like ARP is yes, but to a limited extent.
Engine builders often keep a log of each fasteners length and toss them when the lengths go out of spec.
GOOD builders measure the stretch of the fastener instead of measuring torgue.

I use the old ones in my standard engines. I dare not use new ones since remanufactured items from UK sometimes appears to be of questionable quality