• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

are series 2 hardtops aluminum?

dtbaker61

Donation Time
I am trying to decide where to store the hardtop that came with my s2, and whether I should paint it quickly, or wait.... The paint is a little scuffed up so I don't want to leave it outside if it might rust. A magnet does not stick, and it is remarkably light.... is it aluminum?

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes it is aluminum and I wish that the later tops were made of that too! Eric

dtbaker61

Donation Time
excellent, good to have confirmation on this. it sure is light! Perspex rear window is very cloudy though... I doubt it can be cleared, and might have to buy a new one if they are available. ;(

d

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
S-II Hardtop Rear Window

The rear window is listed at Sunbeam Specialties. I do not know if it has the original logo, so check with them if you need it to be original.

dtbaker61

Donation Time
The rear window is listed at Sunbeam Specialties. I do not know if it has the original logo, so check with them if you need it to be original.

thanks. I am going to try to clear it up first, but may need to replace. I don't really care how original it is... only that it fits. I am guessing I'll need the gasket, and whatever missing surround is supposed to hold everything in there. The window I have is held in with a piece of baling wire.

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
SII Hardtop Rear Window Trim

Sunbeam Specialties has the rear window gasket that will mount the window, but the Sunbeam original stainless steel trim is hard to find and is expensive. If you do find the original trim however, unfortunatley the reproduced gasket will not allow the original trim to be installed. There may be some in UK, but I do not know for sure.