• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

any help with engine number?

delta5

Donation Time
came across an engine the other day and was told it was for a sunbeam alpine..specifically a series 5...but i have my doubts...i thought engine and chassis numbers were the same...anyone have any idea

stamped on the side of the block were the following numbers:
wmo-23991/1

if you have any info it would be appreciated
David

RootesRacer

Donation Time
The "1980959 " is a part number, I dont recognize the other #.

Chassis should match the engine # (when built) but the engine number is stamped on the engine on the NA passenger side to the right of the oil filter.

it will begin with a B9X or a B3X number.

A picture is worth a thousand mono-syllabic mutterings.

65beam

Donation Time
number

if it was a replacement block from rootes or one of the blocks built in france in the 80's it would not have a vin number stamped in the usual place. rebuilds from rootes had a tag on them but may have been lost over the years. does the block have the engine mountings for the fastbacks and later arrows? this would be three threaded castings in the form of a triangle sticking out from the side of the block on each side.