• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Another Venezia

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Aww man, I want one! I need to make more money, and get a bigger garage, and convince my wife it's normal to own multiple classic cars.....:(

The Venezia would be parked next to the Sunbeam Rapier coupe, which would be parked next to the AC Greyhound, next to the AC Aceca, next to the Alvis TD21, next to the Bristol 407, .........

Jim E

Donation Time
Cannot quite make out how that listing works... is the total price really just under 2k pounds? what is that like $4k in US? plus what 1 or 2k to ship it? Seems like a deal to me unless I am missing something, it is a scam or it is piece of junk. No way you could fix one for that. Heck if my GT6 sells here soon I would buy it.

Robert do you know this car?

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Livin the Life!

:D
Two garages 3-sport cars and I had to convince him that we needed that second garage, still room for another small sport car in the garage, some unused furniture needs to be thrown out, cars it's all about the cars! Whoever dies with the most toys wins right? ;) NO Wait you can not take them with you better enjoy them while you can!
What rare eccentric car do I need next, hmmm:rolleyes:

Donna
:D

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Two garages 3-sport cars and I had to convince him that we needed that second garage, still room for another small sport car in the garage, some unused furniture needs to be thrown out, cars it's all about the cars! Whoever dies with the most toys wins right? ;) NO Wait you can not take them with you better enjoy them while you can!
What rare eccentric car do I need next, hmmm:rolleyes:

Donna

Donna,

How about one of these .....

Husky.jpg

Hillman Husky found on Jim E's site

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Back to that Venezia...
Well some of us wrote this guy and....got an answer, we even tracked down his address and phone number. But the story is real fussy. Anyway the pictures are(were) of a well known Venezia, which was for sale not long ago at an auction in the UK for 14,000BP. It sounds like this might be another car, with someone elses pictures. Or he must take such a bath, I would buy it sight unseen!! Too good to be true. Maybe we just discovered one more Venezia????
Robert

RootesRooter

Donation Time
The photo's from SUNI IV outside of Park City, Utah. I've forgotten this Husky owner's name. It was very fast, with an Alpine V drivetrain, but the driver had trouble finding the course each time. Budd Bennion, in a Series I Husky, took first in class. Dueling Hillman Huskys. What a concept.

Donna,

How about one of these .....

Husky.jpg

Hillman Husky found on Jim E's site

65beam

Donation Time
husky

didn't he have some surf boards that he put on the roof ? i took quite a few photos of this car . very nice!

mikephillips

Donation Time
There's a couple pages of general Venezia information in the November Practical Classics magazine. I leafed through it and the one thing that jumped out at me was the description of the Smiths gauges as being "Classic Italian black face".