• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

And I Need a Medical?

skywords

Donation Time
Take a look at some of these radio controled beauties. The years of RC flying I've done does not give much faith in crowd safety here. I wonder if these boys need medicals? Or even a license? You don't think these big models draw a crowd do you? One of these things will take out 40 people with the bat of an eye and I need a medical?. Don't get me wrong I think these models are great but it's a double standard. Want to see more just click on link.

http://www.largemodelassociation.com/keith_mitchell_hunter.htm

mikephillips

Donation Time
I saw some video of a B-52 model that was something like 8 foot long. Guy was supposed to have had on the order of 50k tied up in the construction. Made a really impressive flyer and an even more impressive kaboom when he rolled it into the ground. I would agree that something like these should require special licensing and crowd control for safety.