• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Amps gauge

seamus67sv

Donation Time
In going thru stuff in my garage, I came across a old wooden subeam dashboard that has a Lucas 30 amp gauge in it, the dash is pretty complete, just missing the tach. The thing is that the needle on it points down unlike the others that all seem to point up. I was wondering if anyone knows if it's stock alpine or someone replaced it from another type car many years ago?
Thanks, Mark.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Web search implies the ammeter is from a Triumph TR4A. I don't have a Book of Norman to check.

Mike

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
All needles point up. Designed that way, so a quick glance across the dash will tell you all is Ok, if they all point up when traveling at speed. I love that feature.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
FYI - Mark Davis (volvoguys) hooked me up with a series V ammeter. Lucas 36380. Picture attached.

Mike

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 21

alpine_64

Donation Time
The ammeters appear on eBay UK very regularly, search Lucas + ammeter, a little patience and you will be able to get one at a reasonable price, many of those who sell things like the clocks, ammeters radios etc buy them on eBay UK then flip them via eBay USA or through the forums.

seamus67sv

Donation Time
Thanks you all for your help with this. I have many spare gauges, including the correct Amps gauge for a sv, I came across this Amps gauge not knowing I even had it, and it was the "ugly duckling" of the lot and was trying to figure out what it was. Again, thank you mike, I sent you a PM.
Mark.