• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ammeter Wiring

M430

Silver Level Sponsor
Just discovered that my alternator was not charging my battery, after a quick inspection I discovered a 12G N wire behind the dash was not connected to my ammeter. I sourced it back to the solenoid. I attached it to the NW side of the ammeter, terminal A. That got the battery charging at about 13.8V at idle, but the ammeter guage was moving to the left of center instead of to the right when the RPM's increased? Is terminal A on the left side of the ammeter when looking at the backside of it and B on the right side? thanks

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
I don't remember which is which, but if it reads backwards when charging, swap the wires at the ammeter.

Tom

dmich2

Donation Time
Just a reminder to all; some very nice wiring schematics are available under "Tech Data. Electrical Components". I've downloaded them and they've been lifesavers more than once.

Dennis

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dennis, Good suggestion, for the general audience who may not be aware that these schematics are on our website.

But two problems with this as an answer to M430
1) The SV schematic does not show the ammeter at all.
2) Even if the ammeter is shown, as it is on the SIV schematic, you cannot tell which terminal is which in the drawing.

Tom