• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

alternator

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Get a modern Alt with built in regulator. I find the Hitachi 14231 works well. You can find it just about any parts place.

I have step by step instructions on how to wire this into an SV.

Tom

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yup, listen to Tom. I was stubborn and wanted to use the Delco 3 wire (no built in regulator) that came with my engine, just because it was newer. After allot of frustration on my part and patience on Toms part I finally got it to work properly.

The modern, nice and small, internally regulated and single wire alternators are the way to go.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Yup, listen to Tom. I was stubborn and wanted to use the Delco 3 wire (no built in regulator) that came with my engine, just because it was newer. After allot of frustration on my part and patience on Toms part I finally got it to work properly.

The modern, nice and small, internally regulated and single wire alternators are the way to go.

I use a Delco 3 wire on both of my V6 Alpines - the 10si or 12si is a nearly bullet proof unit that is not difficult to wire into the system.

CRBASIN

Donation Time
I installed the Hitachi and followed Tom's instructions. We had to elongate the mounting bracket holes to align the fan belt, but otherwise an easy job.