• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alternator SIV

mxp01

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have placed my alternator on the car using a SV Bracket, but the alternator pulley is too far foward now.

BTW, I got the alternator for the 1980 Nissan 720 Pickup.

Any thoughts?

Cade Pennell

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I put a Datsun alternator on my SV and had the same problem. I had to re-drill the bracket holes in order to move the alternator back. I basically turned them into ovals, positioned the bracket and tightened everything down with grade 8 bolts and lock washers. That was early summer and everything is still tight.

Nashville67

Donation Time
I was looking for a no-drill, no-fabrication alternator solution last week. Which Bosch model is it? Would it fit on a SV without modifications (other than electrical)?

65beam

Donation Time
alternators

a shop in california called BNR sells 75 amp bosch alternators that are direct bolt on. their phone number is 818 442 9082. they can supply the wiring to convert to one wire also. the owner is an ex sunbeam owner.