• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alternator 67 S-V

Mike H.

Donation Time
Anyone else have a Delto-Remy alternator in their 67?. If so do you happen to know the part #. Mine has about had it and I need to replace it. This alternator fits perfect so I want to try and find another. Was Delco-Remy stock to the S-V in 67 as it was owned by Chrysler by that year?

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Neither, D-R is a GM alternator. A PO has probably modified the brackets for installation. Could be anything (external regulator, internal regulator, or one wire & potentially 35 to 105 amps). Look for a series of numbers stamped on the case - with those, a parts store should be able to give an equivalent unit. If the numbers were ground off during a rebuild, then you will probably have to take the alternator in and compare.

HTH

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
HTH is right. The original was a Lucas 10AC alternator, and this same unit was also used on the Jaguar E-Types and other cars. It can be replaced by an 11AC if you need more juice, with no modifications to the original Alpine hardware and it will look exactly like a 10AC (I've done this on my car). However, if your bracket has already been modified to accept a GM (Delco) unit, or if you just want a really reliable alternator, then the GM units are perfect for the job.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I have had a delco-ac unit on my alpine V for about 30 years never had a problem and easy to replace, there was no mods to the bracket, the only thing I had to do was add a double pully so the belt would lineup. You should be able to get a one wire unit at any alternator repair place, I go to these people because they know what you need as with parts places if its not on the computer they don't know!! Good luck:cool: