• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine WTB

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
OP

The problem I had with this seller was he as Original Poster was playing Nube and wanting to get a lead on a different Alpine here while being a serial Sunbeam flipper on eBay and stating that he had too many projects. The only thing I have a problem with is that wolf in sheep's clothing facade he tried to pull here. I really don't care how many Alpines or other cars he sells.

As for the part B project car being sold looks like a nice project

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Who knows what his motivation is/was in creating another ID. There may be a reasonable explanation we are overlooking. Maybe not.

Until we meet again.

Greg

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
The problem I had with this seller was he as Original Poster was playing Nube and wanting to get a lead on a different Alpine here while being a serial Sunbeam flipper on eBay and stating that he had too many projects. The only thing I have a problem with is that wolf in sheep's clothing facade he tried to pull here. I really don't care how many Alpines or other cars he sells.

As for the part B project car being sold looks like a nice project

My sentiments exactly ..... I'm surprised the orig. poster hasn't waded in on his post and this discussion? ... As far as two ID's on ebay that's simply and wasn't the issue first brought up or a big deal ... I have two as well .. One for selling and one for buying!

.... David

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Not so helpful

Here is my back story with this guy. I had a set of wheels like on the yellow car he claimed to be selling "too many projects" Mine needed painting badly but were 14" only seen 3 other pictures on the WWW of American Racing period wheels.

I asked him for a closer pic he said sure then let several requests go silent. Having seen his Craigslist and eBay ads showing city and location and the same items for sale easy to connect the dots he was our new Yorkshireman who formerly identified as Yorkshiremum and another eBay handle, "by the way eBay frowns on having 2 user ID's." I used a picture of his car in my Craigslist ad and here. maybe a week later he posted the B.S. help me want ad here seeking to save a Sunbeam. I then posted the WTF response and then he started to threaten me with flagging my ad on Craigslist with his car a Fiat and a red Tiger all wearing the same wheel. I guess he didn't like the b__w me response , maybe Piss off would have been more welcome as a jibe between adversaries all seeking nuggets of rusty gold in So.Cal. So the wanker flagged my ad even though I removed the picture of his beloved Marzipan which his love for has a ticket on it over 10 grand. That seems a pretty high price for a repaint and an old repower. If I'm not mistaken the old term was baboon heart, not that there is anything wrong with that:cool: Maybe that term was used only on Chebby's in a U.K.car :)