• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine V with Rotary- My step into british cars

A

AlpineX7

I recently made a step into being a British Car Owner. Well I would say I have one foot in. I have a 67 Alpine with a Mazda rotary engine.
When I got it I took it around the block a few times and noticed that it was leaking anti-freeze. The next day took it in to have it looked at and spend a few hundred dollars fixing the radiator. When I got the car back took it around the block again. The next day started it up to take it out again and while it was ideling the engine stalled. I haven't been able to start it up again. Oh the joy.

Aside from the different engine the car has a mass jumble of wires that look to be a combination of new and old.

I am sure I will be back looking for help with this thing. I am just trying to decide what to look at next.

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
Is that the red one from eBay? Seems like it sold a couple of times in the last six months or so. Good price, as I recall.

A

AlpineX7

It is actually the one from ebay. It did go for a alright price. The body seems to be in great shape but under the hood and the wiring need some help. Its A bit intimidating at first but i'll take it bit by bit and hopefully it will be roadworthy before to long.