• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine V-8

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
A pal has this on CAT and on CL

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/sunbeam-tiger-clone/6224192811.html

Default 1964 Tiger clone
So what do you do with a wrecked Tiger and a good Alpine? This car was built in the late 70's, great care was taken to remove the Tiger specific parts and reinstall them in the same manner as the "factory" did in the 60's. This car is based on a series IV Alpine GT and a MkIa Tiger from what I can tell. Here are a few specifics......
289 Ford engine ( replaced the 260 yrs ago)
Top loader HEH-E trans from a Tiger
Hurst short shift linkage
Tiger rear end - Dana
Tiger front crossmember
Dale's rear disc brake set up
Dale's springs front and rear
Stock front disc brakes
Roll bar with 4 point seat belts
LAT hood along with the stock hood
Tiger wheel well supports
Tiger trans tunnel
Alfa Cromodora wheels - 14"
Aluminum radiator
Headers
Holley carb just rebuilt - 600 cfm
Hard top
Dash is from a Sunbeam Alpine GT
16 gallon fuel cell in trunk
Battery in trunk
I am sure I am missing some items.
I have the write up from George Fallehy ( father of the Tiger registry) explaining the process and parts used.
Asking $18,500 obo. Great car to drive, handles better than a stock Tiger and brakes much better too. With a little TLC this could be a great car and has good history too. No trades. Let's talk. More pics if needed.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
No

It's Bruce, the car is Alpine badged and you could park it right next to the shopping cart corral at the grocery store.

johnrbayer

Donation Time
Fallehy write-up?

Warren, would you share the Fallehy write-up for the wider forum? I'm contemplating a Tiger-clone myself.

Thanks,
John B.