• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine/Tiger "X" Frame Replacement Panels

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here are a few PIC's of my new panels I have just received from my Draftsman/Engineer/Laser Buddy . They made me two of each for the Driver's side (left hand) for test fitting. The ones for the Passenger side (right hand) will be ready this week coming.

In the 1st PIC I have two of the panels that are the same. The single "new" one is a duplicate of the one in shown in the 2nd & 3rd PICs.

The 4th shows the two pieces for the Driver's side (left hand) panels being fitted.

I made the panels so that they could be used to replace all of the original metal as needed. In my case I have had to trim and cut openings as needed.

The panels being shown are for the left hand side.

There is also a "plate" to replace the center one that covers where the "X" comes together.

These panels were design so that the Exhaust thru could be made for the Alpine or Tiger as needed. In my case, the Green1 will be formed to allow for dual exhaust utilizing the original exhaust hole and adding another exact opposite.

More PIC's will be added as I determine best for informing the viewer.

I will posted the cost of these panels when I receeive the bill from CenterLineEngineering. If anyone may be interested please let me know.

Attachments​

• Fabrication X-Frame Driver Side by DanR     20231012_182232.jpg
    Fabrication X-Frame Driver Side by DanR 20231012_182232.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
  • Fabrication X-Frame Driver Side by DanR     20231012_182257.jpg
    Fabrication X-Frame Driver Side by DanR 20231012_182257.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19
  • Fabrication X-Frame Driver Side by DanR     20231012_174759.jpg
    Fabrication X-Frame Driver Side by DanR 20231012_174759.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • Fabrication X-Frame Driver Side by DanR     20231013_162139.jpg
    Fabrication X-Frame Driver Side by DanR 20231013_162139.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
If you want to know more on the background of my efforts in creating these replacement panel, damage that can be found and repairs, search the FORUM for: frame repair

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
The cost per replacement panel(s) are as follows: Two (2) CROSSBRACE / "X" Frame panels - right hand side or left hand side $190 per set of panels - Both sides $ 370 plus shipping.\

Here is a picture of a page from the Alpine Guide showing specific components of the X-frame. I have made annotations hopefully to identify individual pieces.

X-Frame from Alpine Guide  20231119_204758.jpg