• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine / Tiger Dash Switch Bezels

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have been communicating with Brian at Sunbeam Spares in the UK regarding his reproduction switch bezels for the later Series Alpines and Tigers. He said he could sell them to us in bulk for about $45.00 US a set. I recently watched his UK eBay auction for a set that sold for the equivalent of $105.00 US.

I told Brian that I would canvass the membership to see how many of us would commit to buy a set and then I could order sets from him based on the number of sets requested. Is anyone interested in acquiring a set of bezels? Let me know. I have attached a copy of his listing picture, which is not very good but he will send me hi res photos if there is interest. Let me know here on the forum or at guestiesgarage at gmail dot com. Thanks.

Rick Guest

Last edited:

greenbean

Donation Time
Rick ---
I would be interested at that price. Can you get the high resolution photo to check out the bezels close up to verify quality.

Thanks,

Russ

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Alpine Tiger Switch Bezels

Thanks for your response Russ. I will wait and see if there is more interest and if not I can just put you in touch with Brian and you can deal with him on your own.

Rick

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Rick,
If they're accurate reproductions, I'm in for a set. Should be able to tell from the larger pics...

Would he add "specials" to the set, for an extra fee? Fog lights, driving lights, Flux Capacitor, etc.?

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Alpine Tiger Dash Switch Bezels

Thanks for your response guys. I will let Brian know that we have 10+ sets requested and ask him to send me high resolution pictures of the bezels which I will then post on the Forum. I may even ask him to send me a single sample and if he will do that, I will let you know the quality of the reproduction. I will also get the answers to the questions that have been posed and as soon as I hear back from him I will let you know.

Rick Guest

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Rick,
Thanks for handling this project.

Note that my "specials" aren't my actual order, though. If he says yes,
I'll "fine-tune" my needs.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I understand they are the wrong style, but will they fit the early dash? Barb is talking about making some switch labels, these have to be better than home made!

Bill

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Sunbeam Alpine Tiger Dash Switch Bezels

Brian has told me that he has ordered more sets from his supplier and will send me a set for evaluation when he gets them. Meantime I have requested some hi res photos which he has promised to send. These bezels are the metal tags made to fit the later Series Alpines & Tigers as opposed to the plastic, circular bezels as installed on the Early Series Alpines.

Brian describes the bezels as "better than original" as the letters are engraved into the metal and then filled with white paint as opposed to the originals that had the letters printed or stamped on the bezels. We shall see.

This process may take a while so please be patient. I will keep you up to date as things progress and with any newsworthy correspondence.

Rick Guest

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Sunbeam Alpine Tiger Dash Switch Bezels

I received a good photo from Brian that I am attaching for y'alls approval.

Rick

Last edited:

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Alpine Tiger Switch Bezels

Brian has shipped a set of dash bezels to me for examination. Once I receive them and report back to the Forum, you can either order them yourself or you can order them through me. Brian has offered members of the Forum a "bulk" rate price of $45.00 per set which will likely round out to $50.00 per set with shipping and handling.

I am just waiting for the samples to arrive for examination so that I can let y'all know the quality of the workmanship. At that point I will ask anyone that wants a set if they would rather send me their money for the bulk order or contact Brian directly for a single order. I'm not sure what the single set price will be but he has listed the set on eBay UK for auction starting at about $65.00 US ($27.00 GBP) plus shipping.

Rick Guest

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Alpine Tiger Dash Switch Bezels

Sorry folks! Brian has his dash bezels listed for auction starting at $42.00 GBP not $27.00 GBP as stated in my last post. Converts to about $68.00 US. You can check it out at www.ebay.co.uk and search sunbeam alpine.

Rick Guest