• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

alpine research

bing k

Donation Time
What is the best book to get to provide me with information about the Alpine? Also is there a list available of all the club chapters in the U.S.?

S

Steve Kirk

There is a member list under the members only section of this website.

Where are you located?

mikephillips

Donation Time
if you can find it Chris McGovern's "Alpine, The classic Sunbeam" is a good reference. It's been out of print for some time though. The Sunbeam Alpine and Tiger gold portfolio is also interesting as it's a collection of contemporary magazine articles, road tests, and such.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
"Great minds..."

I just did the same thing and was about to post the same link. Copies pop up on eBay pretty regularly and seem to sell for closer to $100-125, IIRC. Personally, its a good book but I don't think its worth more than $200.

Of course, that's easy to say; I already have one I bought in a bookstore when they were new. I might feel differently if I didn't have it.

bing k

Donation Time
This reply to Steve. I am located in So. Calif. I joined this group yesterday and am starting to do my homework to determine if I want to buy an Alpine.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
If you are looking for a great looking fun to drive car the answer is yes. :)

Steve,

I think maybe you are being a bit impulsive. ;)

-Steve Myers
1963 Moonstone Series 4 - Needs Restoration
1963 Carnival Red Series 4 - Restored - Under Front End Repair
1964 Embassy Black Series 4 - Needs Restoration
1966 Commodore Blue Tiger MK1A - Driver
1966 Embassy Black Series 5 - Driver
1967 Polar White Series 5 - Under Restoration

:eek: :D

AlpineII

Donation Time
I kind of agree with Steve that "YES" is the answer! :)

This is a great site to start your research with and there are numerous other sites to gather info from. There are a number of maintenance/shop manuals available not including the official Rootes ones. Lot's of articles on it's history to read up on. Enjoy.