• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine Photos Wanted!

A

AlpineIan

We are finishing our Alpine Restoration Guide series and I need pictures of "correct" Alpines. I want correct color schemes, interiors, etc... no custom. If you have a nice Alpine and want to see it in the book please contact me. Original unrestored cars are desired and I will accept that over a pretty restored example as long as the details are correct. I'm looking for SI, SII, S3, SIV and SV examples. GT and ST as well.

This series of books are hard bound covers with color pictures and will be printed by series. Prices should range in the $50 - $60 range per book. They will contain technical data, and will cover details of drive train, body, interior from front to back. I will also include a chapter with Special Accessories and Color Schemes for each series. My goal is to have them available for production by next Spring 2008.

This is a collective effort between myself, Scott Christie and Steve Silverstein. The series will cover: Series I, Series II, Series 3, Series IV, Series V, Harrington Alpine and Racing Alpines.

I need good clean detail pictures in high resolution. Please send a quick .jpg of your car to me for evaluation and I will respond if I want to use it in the book. It is important that these books capture factory correctness because we want them to be a restoration guide and help to educate owners. The goal is not to put down anyones car, so please don't be offended if we don't use your car.

Since detail is important to us, your car may have specific items, or color that may make it good for the book, even if it had been altered. I'd rather have you send your .jpg to me and reject it than not see it at all and miss out on something important. Feel free to call me or write. 937-667-8419.

nickraymond

Donation Time
Hi Ian
I have a few photos of my Series IV automatic that may be of some use to you, the interior shots won't as it isn't standard.
I have high res copies but for some reason it won't let me publish those... so if you want any then please let me know and I'll mail them to you

http://gallery.mac.com/nickraymond#100003

Nick

A

AlpineIan

Nick,

Looks good. Thanks. I will download some of those for sure. Will get back to you for more detail pics. Any more cars out there guys?

fj55mike

Donation Time
Ian,
I don't have a very correct car, but I do have a lot of places with factory-applied and still glossy Glen Green paint. I know that it is a fairly rare color, would you be interested in this at all?

--Mike

A

AlpineIan

Mike,

Yes, I would be interested. My brother owns a Glen Green S1 too, but it needs a lot of work because it's been sitting for over 10 years. Please send some pics.

Ian

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hard bound books.

Hi Ian:
I have given you a private message in regard to this topic.
Regards,
Andrew

We are finishing our Alpine Restoration Guide series and I need pictures of "correct" Alpines. I want correct color schemes, interiors, etc... no custom. If you have a nice Alpine and want to see it in the book please contact me. Original unrestored cars are desired and I will accept that over a pretty restored example as long as the details are correct. I'm looking for SI, SII, S3, SIV and SV examples. GT and ST as well.

This series of books are hard bound covers with color pictures and will be printed by series. Prices should range in the $50 - $60 range per book. They will contain technical data, and will cover details of drive train, body, interior from front to back. I will also include a chapter with Special Accessories and Color Schemes for each series. My goal is to have them available for production by next Spring 2008.

This is a collective effort between myself, Scott Christie and Steve Silverstein. The series will cover: Series I, Series II, Series 3, Series IV, Series V, Harrington Alpine and Racing Alpines.

I need good clean detail pictures in high resolution. Please send a quick .jpg of your car to me for evaluation and I will respond if I want to use it in the book. It is important that these books capture factory correctness because we want them to be a restoration guide and help to educate owners. The goal is not to put down anyones car, so please don't be offended if we don't use your car.

Since detail is important to us, your car may have specific items, or color that may make it good for the book, even if it had been altered. I'd rather have you send your .jpg to me and reject it than not see it at all and miss out on something important. Feel free to call me or write. 937-667-8419.

SV Dick

Donation Time
Ian, I was at the earlier (not the just held) Invasion, and a lot of people remarked about how original my Series V was. I also provided a part for scanning of the paint (106, I believe). I will take some pictures for you. It would help if you could identify specific areas you would like photos of.