• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine on Craigs List $2,000

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Buyer beware. This looks like yet another one of those dreaded "Tipine" cars... I mean, have a look a those rivets in the fluids plate! Clearly they're not standard - that baby's been off, and probably some lesser Tiger shell has been cannibalized to build this Alpine. I hate it when people try to pass off some rubbish Tiger as an original Alpine... there ought to be a law. I'll bet this would never get certified by the "AAC" and get a certificate.

;)

Seriously, though, it does have what look like factory headrests, which I understand are fairly rare?

BTW, there's also these two on CL here in Phila [insert the usual disclaimer here]:

1967 Sunbeam Alpine Get Smart Car (Phoenixville?? Nick???)

1961 Hillman

lgurley

Donation Time
Phoenixville

I sent the gentleman a note requesting what state he was located in. I don't think here's out here. Never heard of Phoenix refered to as Phoenixville...
Phoenixville, Pa. 19104. 27 miles from Philadelphia.

M

Molenski

Alpine on Craig's List

This happens to be my car and I do not know very much about this car...it was my father's and he died in November...I am not trying to pass this off as anything other than what I was told it is! I don't even know it's true value...but I do have a lot of interested people...Any help out there? I have a photo album I can send to whoever is interested...

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Molenski, please don't be offended - we know your Alpine is for real. And I'm sincerely sorry for your loss - I lost my own dad only 3 years ago.

I was just cracking a bit of humor... to fill you in, folks love to make Tigers out of Alpines (called "Algers") by stuffing a Ford V8 in them, and they try to pass them off as genuine Tigers since Tigers are quite expensive presently. But, being an Alpine owner, and this being largely an Alpine forum, I thought I'd take a bit of a 'turnabout' joke. Any Alpine or Tiger aficionado would know that I was just having a bit of fun and that it was clearly in jest. Apologies, and I wish you the best with your sale.

And yes, I meant Phoenixville, PA... I work only about 6 miles from there, so if anyone needs me to give the car a look, I'd be happy to. The "Nick" I was referring to was "Nickodell" - he lives in Phoenixville, I believe?

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
My bad...

Phoenixville, Pa. 19104. 27 miles from Philadelphia.

Duh... Sorry. I forgot our respected member and friend, Mr. O'Dell.

I have a brother in Philly, but if I asked him to go look at a Sunbeam for me, he'd wonder why I'd ask him to go look at an appliance. Not a car guy, my little brother...

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have a brother in Philly, but if I asked him to go look at a Sunbeam for me, he'd wonder why I'd ask him to go look at an appliance. Not a car guy, my little brother...

I've got an older brother just like him. When he was young he had a VW bug, and one day I was out in the driveway tinkering around and decided to check his oil... well, when I pulled out the dipstick it looked like thick, syrupy, sticky coal-oil! I asked him "Hey, when's the last time you changed the oil in this puppy?" to which he somewhat quizzically replied "Um... I thought it was, like, self changing? I mean, as it uses it up, I keep adding. Right?"

*SIGH*
bangHead.gif

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Sounds familiar

They must be somewhat related...

My brother figures if he asks enough questions and complicates it, someone will just do it rather than explain it a fifth time.

In Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenence Robert Pursang said there are 2 kinds of people: people who understand technology and people who believe in Magic.

Second thought, it's got to be me. No one else in my family fiddles or has any interest in machines of any kind, other than computers. I must have been left on the doorstep. :rolleyes:

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Had an aunt that was a service writer at a Mercedes dealership. She had a medical doctor come in that couldn't understand, after having his car towed in, that it was a bad thing when he lost all of his oil after a cooler line or something broke and continued driving until the thing seized. She asked him if she had cut of her foot and continued to walk around until she lost all of her blood, would that be a bad thing. :D