• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine IV GT Interior

W_Pierzga

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi:

I am looking for ideas on where to source new rear vertical panels for my Series IV GT in RED. I am seeking all three panels (rear and two sides). These panels have heat formed pleats.

I am also looking to replace the rear seat pad in RED with black piping - again it has heat formed pleats.

Thanks for your help,

Wayne

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Wayne PM'd me and I suggested he start with Martha Christiansen of Pro Prep Interiors. Phone # 775-833-2424.

Then move on to MacGregor Trim up in Canada, then Woolies in the UK.
Someone from that bunch should be able to provide the correct red long grain material.

Also, if someone has lousy examples of the panels he needs, but they're complete including mounting tabs, he could take them to an auto upholstery shop and use them as templates.

Red interiors look fantastic but do cause some additional creative work.

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
I am also looking for a source for the 64GT interior parts. I am still not sure what is required as all the parts on the car i bought have long since been replaced. Any pics would be of great help.

Thanks,
Jim

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Martha's work!!

GT's are the $%#! :D

96f576ac.jpg

a9967272.jpg

Alp2.jpg

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
This car is remarkable! Its hard to imagine my car could look like this even with vision. Did you just order the interior or have yours redone? I dont have any of these original parts, ie rear console etc. Any let over GT stuff?

Thanks,
Jim

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Jim,
Martha did my pieces but I put the car together. Yes, a long, slow road but satisfaction to have it done right. I love the GT but really don't like NOT having a soft top. But, what the heck. Got my eye on a Series III ST in an estate but the son dosen't want to give it up yet.

GT Parts...........
They are out there. I have bid on some parts in the past just to stick in the attic because I know someone out there will need them eventually. Not to make money but just to save them from being thrown out!
I have seen at least two or three on this board convert to an ST. I know Martha probably has everything you need EXCEPT the door panel stiffeners. These seem to be the hardest to find because they deteriorated with the cardboard panel and got thrown out. I just sold what few pieces of door panel I had left a while ago. Again, I bought them just to save them. I think I even lost money on them.

Check with Scott Christie as he sold his body to Doug J. and never finished his GT. :( He may or may not still have some pieces left. Keep at it. I have several contacts you can call to try and find what you need. PM me and I'll give you some phone numbers to call. If they don't have them, they will most likely, give you more numbers to call.

Paul :cool:

b3aa4ebe.jpg

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Check with Scott Christie as he sold his body to Doug J. and never finished his GT. :( He may or may not still have some pieces left.

Nope, sold all those GT trim pieces to Steve Shuttleton, who I think has since sold them on to another guy.

Also, we all need to get on Paul for not driving his beautiful Series 3 GT. Encourage him to caravan with Rich Vose this year to the Invasion and make a real adventure out of it. We need to see this car at Invasion!

dannym

Donation Time
Jim,
I love the GT but really don't like NOT having a soft top. ]

Can you fit a soft top to the GT? I realize there is no boot for it to fold into, but I understand later ST's do not have the boot. Could you just fold it down into the rear seat or onto the top of the trunk? I eventually hope to acquire some type of top for my SIII Gt project and really wanted a soft top. Had a Tbird with only the hardtop and got caught in a driving thunderstorm without it twice. Very unpredictable weather in West Texas in those days. I'm too old to drive in the dang cold rain.
Danny

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Here are some pictures of GT door pieces you would need. Dig through all your parts boxes because these parts are difficult to source. First the pieces under the wing window. Note they are larger and have a straight end as compared to the standard style which is thinner and has curved end. The two metal pieces and the stiffeners under the door waist roll which is placed on the top of the door and completes the GT look. The standard interior is a covered door panel fitted in the recess of the painted perimeter of the door. As you can see they do rust away over time. Jeff

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I think he already has a GT car, so the wing window chrome is most likely already there. I think what he needs most is:

* Rear upholstery - including the (3) three piece upper deck pad.
* Door panels - or at least all the stiffeners - I think there are 5 pieces per door? :confused:
* Waist roll at the top of the door - Maybe still there?
* The small chrome trim piece to hold the panel on that is screwed under the dove-tail.

If the upholstery is completely shot and gone, it's hard to gain the concept of how it all goes together unless you took it apart. Even if you took it apart it's hard! :D

Let me know what I can do.

Paul

jmthehermit

Donation Time
That's mostly my problem too! My tiger had doors without the GT pieces on them. Evidently the rust under the door waist roll was bad enough to warrant replacing them. Luckily when I picked up my car it included at least 8large boxes of extras and these parts were packed away for future use. Are there any illustrated diagrams of panel stiffeners and parts needed to rebuild the GT interior available? Jeff

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
Paul,
I couldn't have stated it better. All the information the group is supplying is invaluable. You hit the nail right on the head. I'm paying attention to all your input. It's becoming more clear now. I still need to ascertain where I am with this car. It really isnt my primary Alpine focus right now. Your car is an excellent example of a finished product. I just need to understand how to get it there. Am I correct in understanding that once I acquire the correct components, I can send them to Martha and she will take it from there?

Thanks,
Jim

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yes, Martha can make you door panels but need the core parts to do so. Problem is, nobody is sure if she is still doing interior work! :eek:
I have had a couple folks say she is not returning calls, so I'm not sure. SS carriers the parts though, and any good upholstery shop can take it from there.

I'll PM you some people you can contact for GT pieces.

Paul

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I don't think all Tigers had the wide wing chrome and waist rolls did they?

That's mostly my problem too! My tiger had doors without the GT pieces on them. Evidently the rust under the door waist roll was bad enough to warrant replacing them. Luckily when I picked up my car it included at least 8large boxes of extras and these parts were packed away for future use. Are there any illustrated diagrams of panel stiffeners and parts needed to rebuild the GT interior available? Jeff

Mike snyder

Donation Time
GT wheels?

Does anyone rebuild GT steering wheels? The one that came with my car has delaminated and some of the pieces are missing. Or, baring that, does anyone know how they were milled and I will try to make the parts?
Thanks,
Mike Snyder
1964 SIV GT

jmthehermit

Donation Time
The early tigers didn't have the GT trim. Don't really know when the transition was made to install the GT trim as standard. But mine should be equipped with it. Jeff

65beam

Donation Time
interior

when i bought the last two carpet sets from S.S., rick told me that martha's ex husband was doing the work .that was about a year ago.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Mike,
I think these guys are or were doing the Tiger (or should I say Alpine GT) wheels some time ago.
Remember, the "ALPINE" was the inspiration for the Tiger. :)

http://www.qualityrestorations.com/

They are in Poway, CA.

Paul

Does anyone rebuild GT steering wheels? The one that came with my car has delaminated and some of the pieces are missing. Or, baring that, does anyone know how they were milled and I will try to make the parts?
Thanks,
Mike Snyder
1964 SIV GT