• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine II Special Tuning

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I have come across a Performance booklet issued by Roots for the Alpine II. This is a N.O.S. book and not a repo. It is 30 pages and has a lot of part numbers for the different performance kits that Roots made for Alpines. I would like to sell it, email me. I will try to post a picture of the booklet.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
They actually published two versions of these, with two distinct part numbers and issue dates. I haven't looked at them in years to compare but will have to dig them out and page through them to see what the variations are.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Wanted to follow up on this as I've now dug out both of my books. Both look the same visually, just like George's picture at the beginning of the thread.

Issued 1961, part # 1206312, 32 pages.
Issued 1962, part # 6600960, 32 pages.

So what's the difference? The 1962 version has a few more details sprinkled throughout the book compared to the 1961, owing to the fact that Rootes was a bit smarter after a year's testing of these recommendations. Both books are perfectly adequate, though if you had a choice I would recommend the 1962 version.

I plan on carrying out most of these mods on my Sebring project.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Special Tuning

Hi Scott,
Do you know if there are any reproductions of these books available on the market. I would love to get many hands on them or at the least the 1962 issue.
Regards,
Andrew

Wanted to follow up on this as I've now dug out both of my books. Both look the same visually, just like George's picture at the beginning of the thread.

Issued 1961, part # 1206312, 32 pages.
Issued 1962, part # 6600960, 32 pages.

So what's the difference? The 1962 version has a few more details sprinkled throughout the book compared to the 1961, owing to the fact that Rootes was a bit smarter after a year's testing of these recommendations. Both books are perfectly adequate, though if you had a choice I would recommend the 1962 version.

I plan on carrying out most of these mods on my Sebring project.

65beam

Donation Time
special tuning

if anyone has one of the GLENN's repair manuals from the 60's,it also has a section taken from the special tuning book showing engine mods for racing .just thought i'd mention this .