• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine heater hoses

alpine_64

Donation Time
Do any suppliers offer correct moulded heater hoses for the alpines? I see SS stocks the tiger ones.. but while the picture for the alpine has the hoses.. they do not have a part number. Does anyone make correct moulded hoses?

64beam

Donation Time
Do any suppliers offer correct moulded heater hoses for the alpines? I see SS stocks the tiger ones.. but while the picture for the alpine has the hoses.. they do not have a part number. Does anyone make correct moulded hoses?

Hi MIchael,

Did you try VB or some of the UK suppliers? One of the UK suppliers also offers second hand parts. They may have what you are looking for.

Regards, Robin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I got some for my Series II from Victoria British.

Are these just heater hoses.. or are they a moulded hose? You can see the shapes they are meant to be on the SS catalogue
image5.gif
are the ones you got from VB moulded to this shape?

65beam

Donation Time
heater hoses

sunbeam specialties has the moulded hose from the heater core to the valve for the series 5. i haven't seen a moulded hose for any other alpines since the dealers went out of business . they didn't use them much at the dealers when the cars were being sold new . regular heater hose made much more money for them . i wouldn't think of using any 40 year old hose anyway . i have been able to get the correct hoses for the 69 GT from speedy spares, but they do appear to be repros . a suggestion would be to scour the shelves at the auto parts for something close if you want something moulded .

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I;m only seeing one hose that really needs a bend, the one from the heater valve to the head. Yes, I think you could find something on the rack you could cut down.

Paul

nickraymond

Donation Time
i'm assuming you're talking about the Water Pump to heater valve
Heater valve to matrix, matrix to engine heater hoses?

Can you not just buy heater hose and cut it to the right length?

This is what i did and it works fine.

Nick

alpine_64

Donation Time
Guys,

this is for a friends "factory correct" s3 car. He has normal hose that we cut to fit.. but we know their should be a moulded hose we were just wondering if anyone stocked it as its not listed in the major parts suppliers catalogues.. i guess we will start checking around for something thats close in path at the parts stores.

Clois Harlan

Donation Time
Are the hoses 1/2” inlet and 5/8” outlet that feeds into the control valve and then into th manifold via a 1/2” reducer?

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
It is just standard auto supply store heater hose. I don't recall the size and don't want to pull a hose to measure but didn't have any issues with fittings.New motor 5.jpg