• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine GT

65beam

Donation Time
I wonder what brake master was used? The original is almost non existent here in the states.

65beam

Donation Time
They are difficult. They have two different size bores and getting the first C clip is easy but takes a very long remover to get to the second clip. Many years ago when Tiger Tom still had the RotoRooter he made a tool for removing the inner clip so he's rebuilt a couple for me. And as for Bill's statement I do have several since my wife bought everything that Tom had for the fastbacks when he closed down the parts business. That was my birthday present that year. I bought several masters from Rick and I have several master kits along with a couple pick up loads of parts. I have the special reservoir cap to apply air to center the pressure switch when bleeding the brakes so that the brake fault light stays off until the system fails. I've never understood why the brake booster only works on the front brakes.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Now you know why I let someone else do the rebuild. I've found it better to do a lot of welding on my booster internals and use a 700 master.

As small an audience as there is for Alpine fastback tidbits, you'll still have to tell us sometime what a "700 master" is and what kind of welding one would do to booster internals.

65beam

Donation Time
Dick,
George mentioned the Alpine booster and my comment to George107_1010.JPG concerned the series Alpines. There aren't many of the kits for the 5 " and 7" boosters that are worth using. I've been known to gut the boosters, weld up the ends of the bores and the booster just becomes another reservoir. In other words the line goes in and the line goes out. You also need to install the brake master for series 1 & 2 Alpines. This master is a .700 bore so it's commonly called the 700 master. This gives you good brakes for normal driving and everything looks stock. As far as the fastback booster you'll find it to be a Lockheed unit and it's easy to find those units so I have no reason to alter the fastback braking system.