• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alloy Valve Covers on Ebay

S

SIMPLE002

Wow!

Well somebody REALLY wanted those! 356.02. I think my stock will do me jus fine at that price, even stock Chrome plated would be less than that. could be a new market anybody know someone stationed in the U.K. that has wrenchin abilities?

dmich2

Donation Time
They are quite the ticket. I searched for months and lost a lot of bids because I did have a limit, and knew if I went over it the wife would make me a soprano:eek: ... I had the misfortune in that majority for sale the seller wouldn't deal with the States. The ones I got, the guy had no PayPal and the currancy exchange was a learning experience in itself. I like the idea of one of our Brit members buying them up and selling to us across the pond.

Dennis

donchiotos

Donation Time
V6 EBay Valve Covers

Hay now, I'M the "WOW" guy that paid $356.00 for the valve covers on ebay last week. A little high, maybe, but I was looking for about a year for a pair to put on my V6 Alpine that in the long process of being done, and I found out you will pay a high price for one part, and another part you might pay next to nothing. So in the end everything works out. Nobody said this was a cheap hobby.

F

fowfam

INDEED. I paid over 500 dollars for a pair of MKII headlight rings on ebay. Too much, yes. But i wanted them for my alpine, so they were worth every penny.:)

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
ahhh the old rule of supply and demand. I too have over paid for parts I needed and wasn't willing to wait for ever to get.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Have you ever noticed you pay the really big money for stuff you want, not for the stuff you need? In both cases, alternative parts are available that are "reasonably priced."

Bill

bluoval

Donation Time
alloy valve covers

I Wonder How Many Horse Power You Gain With Alloy???? Where Is The Priority?? Thanks Earl Blu Oval

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I Wonder How Many Horse Power You Gain With Alloy???? Where Is The Priority?? Thanks Earl Blu Oval
Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha! Another power freak like me. For what these alloy covers went for, I would rather spend $150 to have the stock steel rocker covers chromed. I did this with my Alpines, and they look terrific. Less money and plenty of looks. Just make sure you have a good set of covers to begin with, so when they get chromed, they will look good.

Jose:)

bluoval

Donation Time
alloy valve covers

dennis happy your found the rocker covers . there comes a point when your dressed up you just need the tie. and rocker covers are the tie of the engine bay.. i to found a set about a month ago and had to mull over the expenditure. and the question of hp or looks and said what the hell ican have both you only go around once thanks earl blu oval ps i told the fellow in jolly ole england about the forum and let him know there is a need in the us for the rocker covers