• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

All synchro Overdrive conversion

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Nice one, Jeff!

I'm wondering, though - were are you finding your relays?

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Kevin,

I think the circuit I and Rich Vose's father figured out, using a standard 4 pin 6RA and a diode and resistor actually make a better set up than the stock OD relay circuit. With our modified circuit , when your OD light is On ( assuming you install one) you know you have 12 V applied to the wire to the solenoid. With the original design, the OD light tells you only that the relay is closed and self-latched. But if the second contact - the one that goes to the OD Solenoid - is open you'll still have no power to the Solenoid , but the light is ON, giving you a false indication.

Tom