• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Aftermarket seats?

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I'd like to upgrade my seats to something with headrests. At 6'-2", I fit just right in stock seats, but in every Alpine or Tiger I've driven with newer seats, I'm either scooted too far forward and/or up too high.

Any recommendations out there on a slim-design aftermarket seat?? No plastic race-buckets, please!!

Dick Sanders
Kent, WA

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I was at Summit Racing in the Spring and bought one of these to test: http://store.summitracing.com/partd...-51L&N=700+4294839019+400063+115&autoview=sku
I think they look better in person than in the photo and are reasonably period correct. They are a little wide and I'd have to bend the retracting mechanism a little to keep it from hitting the parking brake, but I think they will work if I can fabricate a proper way to mount them. I haven't put much time into trying yet, but need to do so fairly soon as I will back in the area in a few weeks and will want to return them if I can't make them fit.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
fixed seat.jpg Hillman, I like the ones I show. My guess is they are 19-20" wide. You would have to press tight to tunnel. Smittybuilt and Bestop have similar Jeep Wrangler replacement seats. I plan on making tapered 2" high in front floor adapters and low profile slider.This fixed version is only $170. 615d9Nnq+jL._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:

whiskytangofoxtrot

Silver Level Sponsor
For awhile I had Miata seats in my tiger, then got ahold of so stock seats that I rebuilt. Now I have an upolsterd Fiberglass bucket on the drivers side picking me up about an inch of legroom. I know not important in the alpine, but highly valued in the Tiger. The Miata seats are great and I believe around 98 they had the option of speakers in the headrest