• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Adding Anti-Sway bar Panhard Rod and 3rd-Link

bashby

Donation Time
I have a Series IV and am considering adding a Tiger Rear Anti-Sway bar, Panhard rod and a 3rd-link on the Ford differential. Any experience, suggestions or comments are appreciated.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Bashby,

This is quite a common topic regarding Alpine suspension upgrades. Depending on what you want in regards to the Alpines handling, there are a number of upgrades. You could go with nolathane bushes, upgraded front anti-roll bar and decent shock absorbers (spax, koni, etc.) to start withand see if that keeps you happy. By previous posts, keep away from a rear anti-roll bar and either go with a panhard rod or even better, a four link setup. It depends on how much money you want to spend as well.

Regards, Robin.

Mike snyder

Donation Time
Hi Robin,
"keep away from a rear anti-roll bar" How come? I have a series IV and was thinking about a rear sway bar and traction bars? Any thoughts on this? Also, where can I pick up nolathane bushes?
Thanks,
Mike Snyder

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Robin,
"keep away from a rear anti-roll bar" How come? I have a series IV and was thinking about a rear sway bar and traction bars? Any thoughts on this? Also, where can I pick up nolathane bushes?
Thanks,
Mike Snyder

Hi Mike,

I am only going by memory, but I think the rear anti-roll bar caused the rear end to get un-settled (the best thing is to do a search of previous posts). That is why the panhard rod was a better option. I don't know enough about suspension geometry to answer your question confidently. You can pick-up nolathane bushes from most of the Sunbeam parts supplier in the U.S and U.K. Superflex also have listings for the Alpines/Tigers as well.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Robin.