• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

acting like a 16 yearold

bluoval

Donation Time
tiger guys bought my first tiger a little over a month ago , and its like jeckel and hyde im normaly a slow cautious driver but in the tiger i cant keep my foot out of the carb it is a ball, i have to remind myself over and over to take it easy.. is this a side effect if being a tiger owner ,if so how long does it last?? could be deadly?? thanks earl blu oval

alpine_64

Donation Time
hey earl,

Congratulations... Not sure what spec your Tiger is, but i would say this.. any tiger can be a handful and they will punish you if you go to far.. so be careful :cool:

jmthehermit

Donation Time
The first set of new tires I put on my tiger were A70-13 Daytonas, a nice wide square shouldered tire. A friend who worked at the store shouted "and don't forget to rotate them often" as I left. Sure enough as I pulled onto the main road out front, I saw bunch of the guys standing at the bay doors and grinning. So I tacked it up, dropped the clutch and smoked them into second gear. They lasted almost 4,000 miles. And yes, I rotated them often. Jeff

64beam

Donation Time
They are nothing but addictive those Tigers. I knew I should never have given my Dad's Tiger back to him after the last drive ;) .

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Who says you ever get over the Tiger feeling?
I sold my stock tiger years ago but with the lister and now the 62 with a 302 I still am addicted to just knowing what they can do.
With the Lister I was pulled over by the cops at a red light as they said it looked like I was going too fast.This was right by the cop shop.One of them knew Sunbeams and just had too look under the hood.
Enjoy.Enjoy

pdq67

Donation Time
You must exercise self control. I drove my car today and I am certain that my driving style was much more mature than that of a 16 year old. I felt at least 25.

Buckeye64

Donation Time
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!:D
The Tiger is a beast of a car and you have to pay attention at all times.:eek:
But they are a blast to drive.
On the other hand I love to drive my SIV, it’s such a cruising car. The power is not there but it just runs so well. I still get goose bumps when ever I take either of the cars out.:p
For me the thrill never goes away, weather I’m in the Tiger or the Alpine.

64beam

Donation Time
Now that I have inherited my Dad's Tiger, I am enjoying the new driving style of the Tiger as well. I am still very cautious though as it's a beautiful car. Even stock they're potent. I'm still waiting for a spin in Alpine_64's new beast, which apparently is mad!

Regards, Robin.

V_Mad

Donation Time
......how long does it last?? could be deadly?? thanks earl blu oval

Once bitten......
If you try to stop it you get the cravings, and they dont go away until you have had your fix. No known cure, but who wants a cure anyway?

bluoval

Donation Time
does your car do the same

an up date have you seen the cadilac ad where a very sexy lady asks the question "when you turn your car on does it do the same for you??" with a tiger the answer is a yes