• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

AccuSpark Ignition Module

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Anybody had recent experience with this electronic module to replace the contact points?

I found one fellow from 2020 who was positive about it. Wondering if anyone else has used them.

Thanks

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I've had Lumination on my Alpine for over 25 years without a flaw. I've had Pertonix on my other cars, similarly without flaw. But no experience with Accuspark. I think complaints about electric points are overblown. Pertonix says that most people's claims of failed Pertronix are from something else - but which includes worn out wobbly distributors that damage the Pertronix.

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have received the electronic module and looking how to fit it. I have a ballasted coil and ballast on my SIV. It is also positive ground. Tach but no ammeter.

To the folks who responded previously, did you retain the ballast set up when wiring the Accuspark in? I understand the ballasted coil can be used with or without the ballast.

Pics of current set attached. Also pic of Accuspark positive earth instructions.

From what I can figure out

Black module wire connects to former LT wire on distributor to negative (SW) terminal of coil.
New ground wire from positive (CB) coil terminal to chassis.
White module wire connects ignition live (which is white/green wire from solenoid shown in picture on + side of coil)? Does not connect to coil?
Ballast wiring stays as is.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230604_143412.jpg
    20230604_143412.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 20230604_151816.jpg
    20230604_151816.jpg
    661.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230604_152353.jpg
    20230604_152353.jpg
    578.7 KB · Views: 17