• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

A couple of questions ..

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Are these for the later series (1and2) ? .... and are the brackets rubber coated on the cantrail brackets (3and4)?

......Thanks, David

Attachments

• alpine 001.JPG
    alpine 001.JPG
    484.4 KB · Views: 43
  • alpine 003.JPG
    alpine 003.JPG
    444.9 KB · Views: 44
  • alpine 006.JPG
    alpine 006.JPG
    699.8 KB · Views: 42
  • alpine 005.JPG
    alpine 005.JPG
    728.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
I do not know what the brackets are for in the first two photos, but the last two are for Series II and I would believe the original brackets had some type of coating to protect the cantrail paint. For mine, I plan to use the liquid plastic coating that is typically used for plier handles. The brackets could be dipped to coat them.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Those are early ( S1 & 2 ) engine stiffeners, for the lack of the correct term. They bolt from the engine to
the bell housing much like the ones for later cars.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Thanks! ... I thought the brackets (engine stiffeners) were for the later series ... will they work on them as well? ... The plastidip coating is something I already have and works great.

....... David

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've never tried it, bit they should fit. The blocks and bell housings are the same, as far as bolt
patterns anyway.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
I've never tried it, bit they should fit. The blocks and bell housings are the same, as far as bolt
patterns anyway.
Thanks for the response ... I'll check it out ..... Was there a reason why they went to the larger/longer tubular ones?

.... David