• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

!962 series II from Rockford Il. 32,504 original miles

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
My intention is to get it running and make sure it can stop and go forward, thats it. A little cleaning and such but really just leave it exactly as it is.

It's a very nice car - truly a lucky find. As noted, PLEASE get a mold taken of the rubber mats so that new ones can be manufactured... this may be one of the few chances left to get a decent set of samples.

Also, beyond just getting it running and stopping, you should consider replacing those rear axle retaining straps.

Tullamore

Donation Time
I almost bought those door handles for my first Alpine back in '77. How much of the under-dash stuff is factory, how much is dealer, and how much is JCWhitney?

My dad put those handles in his tiger around that time, they feel much stronger and nicer to use than the stock ones. I wish someone still made them.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
What a fantastic automobile, and danged if you aren't the "perfect" owner and custodian, Boss. If Grace's altimeter and other options doesn't say that period correct options from anywhere, installed anywhere on the car by the dealer or yourself, were the rule of the day, I don't know what does. What a treat it would be to see the contrast of the beginning and end of the Series Alpine if "Grace's car" and Dick's late SV are BOTH at the Invasion. Very cool Mr Boss69. Very cool.

twautomotive

Silver Level Sponsor
Body Seams

Make sure you replace the filler in the body seams to keep the water out. It is either gone or like a rock. Thanks for all the pictures.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
.. My intention is to get it running and make sure it can stop and go forward, thats it. A little cleaning and such but really just leave it exactly as it is. I feel fortunate to have Grace's car and will honor her by leaving it as she intended. It will spend it's life in a clmate controlled building and go for rides on nice days. ...

Or you might just wake up in the middle of the night and decide to blowtorch the lead out of the seams. Geez.

AlpineII

Donation Time
I just bought a pair of handles that look similar. The same 9mm square fitting. Apparently from some model of Humber. Hope they are stronger than the originals. I have 6 cracked ones!:eek: