• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

69 Alpine GT

RootesRooter

Donation Time
How often do you see a car where the shiniest paint is on the firewall?

The front end styling looks much more aggressive without headlights.

Aardvark111$

Donation Time
Firewall explination

My brother painted the engine compartment prior to installing the engine. The rest of the car is sunburned California paint.

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Poor car is struggling to survive. That is a premium price for a project car with little value. Price new was about $2700.

Aardvark111$

Donation Time
Whats it worth?

Rust free, never been crashed, all original panels, rebuilt engine, new master cylinder, new caliper pistons, 2 new waterpumps. Not too many GT's were imported and most of them have returned to dust. In 1969 Gas was 22.9 cents a gallon. So what is your point about original price? What did a Tiger cost new? What are they worth now?

65beam

Donation Time
GT

the number of these cars left is small compared to the series alpines. they may not handle like the series alpines but they are a great cruiser. this looks to be a good body that wouldn't require much body work.

65beam

Donation Time
GT

when we had the invasion in Hendersonville jose spent some time checking out my car. he said that a V6 and 5 speed could be set in the body with no mods to the body or steering. there is a lot more room under the hood than a series alpine. he figured the engine would set farther back than the 1725. this would be a good body to start with.

Aardvark111$

Donation Time
V6

I did have a guy look at the car and he was thinking V6, 5 speed conversion like you suggested. The car does have new struts and front suspension. He said he would like to show up at a MOPAR meet with a very unusual MOPAR and the GT would fill the bill. Thanks for the positive comments.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
My brother painted the engine compartment prior to installing the engine. The rest of the car is sunburned California paint.

The rest of the car would look good in the firewall color. So what's the story on the O/D? I didn't think any fastbacks were shipped to the U.S. with O/D installed.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I think it would be a great buy at that price !

It is a rare vehicle and an eye catcher!

As Bob says it is a nice cruiser and with the 2.8 V6 Ford engine an T5 transmission a real enjoyable little car.

I'm trying to get my wife interested;)

Aardvark111$

Donation Time
65Beam

The only thing bad is the front and rear window weatherstripping. Any idea on who would make weatherstripping for the GT?

65beam

Donation Time
alpine

I have not found anyone in the states that makes a rubber seal for the rear window. I have not been able to source one out of the UK or anywhere else. the UK club had a few seals made up but they used the tube. there were two types of front and rear seals used on the fastbacks. the alpine used a seal with a bright tube that pushed into a slot, the GT used a stainless moulding that slipped into slots on the rubber. there are some universal seals that use the tube but they don't have the moulded corners. I used one of these on one of my cars about twenty years ago but the corners bulged. I did have the original furflex duplicated in Canada. another impossible to find seal is the outer seal for the side windows. there were two styles of that part also with the difference being how they attach to the body. the trunk seal is the same as an alpine or tiger. it has to be shortened since the fastback seal is a shorter length. I do have parts from three cars that I have parted out.

Aardvark111$

Donation Time
Rootesrooter Overdrive

I talked to my brother and Rootesrooter you are correct. Only the British had the overdrive factory installed. My brother bought the overdrive and output shaft from Ricks as well as a bunch of GT stuff.

Aardvark111$

Donation Time
Sell without engine and transmission

If someone wanted to do a V6/5 speed conversion my brother would sell the car without engine/transmission. He has a Alpine that he could use the engine/transmission in