• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

67 v6 Restomod build

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Wow! Beautiful craftsmanship! I am very curious about how you mounted your seats. I looked though the earlier photos and it looks like you just welded studs into the floor. Is that correct? Do you have any photos that show this specifically?

How do the seats feel relative to the steering wheel and pedals? I have sat in other Alpines with Miata seats and they always feel a bit high to me and my knees tend to hit the steering wheel. I know that is personal preference, but have you solved that problem with your installation?

Thanks.

Alfred Pine

Silver Level Sponsor
Wow! Beautiful craftsmanship! I am very curious about how you mounted your seats. I looked though the earlier photos and it looks like you just welded studs into the floor. Is that correct? Do you have any photos that show this specifically?

How do the seats feel relative to the steering wheel and pedals? I have sat in other Alpines with Miata seats and they always feel a bit high to me and my knees tend to hit the steering wheel. I know that is personal preference, but have you solved that problem with your installation?

Thanks.

Hey Jim,

Thanks a ton for the kind words.

You are correct about the studs. The previous owner had taken bolts and welded the heads to thick plate steel squares which were then welded to the pan. You may notice that the pans that were installed, at that same time, were also not made within "stock" concerns, which may also lend to the "fit". In fact, the back mounting studs (because of a deeper pan location) can be adjusted to lower the seats even further but you begin to pitch backwards quickly.

I find the current location quite comfortable (no knee issues) but to be honest, I'm only 5'9" and not blessed with a long reach or stride.

I will post up my best pic of the mounting as soon as I can dig it up

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks, Alfred. I'm only a little taller than you, so your experience is probably relevant.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
At 5' 10" plus about 2/3 your info works for me also. Love your car! One reason to be on this site is to get ideas and I am already stealing from you. OH, I should tell you...I am a thief who takes ideas and fits them to my car. I do give credit though for my thievery when asked.