• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

65 Alpine V8 w/ Mustang II IFS & Ford 9"

65SunbeamPE

I have recently taken over a 65 Sunbeam Alpine that was midway through a restoration project. The intent by the previous owner (my father) was to create a top show quality drivable Alpine. He has retired and was unable to complete his project. I took the car for the power plant (Ford Racing 302 with T-5 transmission). Although the engine and transmission are out, all the fabrication for a bolt-up installation has been completed. In addition to the engine compartment fabrication for the V8, the front end has been replaced with a TCI Mustang II independent front suspension. The engine compartment was further modified to receive a high volume Griffin radiator. The rear end has been installed with a Currie built Ford 9â€. The car now has 4 wheel disc brakes. The car was bead blasted and placed a rotating frame stand for restoration. The major body work was completed. The Pan was replaced and fabricated to fit the T-5 transmission. All the work was done by the well known Al’s Rod & Custom in Reno Nevada.
There is $25,000 - $30,000 in restoration, fabrication and performance parts still on the car. I am preparing to start my own restoration project, and need to find someone that can appreciate the work that has gone into this car to make me an offer.
I have attached pictures from when the car was in the hot rod shop. The pictures are prior to the installation of the rear end. Although not in the pictures, I have the original windshield and chrome frame, door glass, the hood and deck lid.
AlpinePics.jpg

A

Adiabatic

I am beginning to work on my own 65 Alpine resto. Although I am not interested in the whole package, if you decide to part out let me know, I am sure I would be interested in buying some pieces.

Sounds like a great start on the project, why don't you continue it?

Andy

MonteSS86@hotmail.com

65SunbeamPE

I am restoring a 67' Mustang that I am using the Ford Racing 302 and the t-5 transmission. This car is a great start to the project. All the professional fabrication is done and it has the Mustang II IFS and the performance Ford 9". The Front & Rear end are both new and cost nearly $6,000 without counting the fabrication and installation. Very few Alpines anywhere have had the fabrication that this car has. A 302 V8 and T-5 transmission will bolt up without modification. The intent was to make this one of the coolest Alpines in the country. Unfortunately I am only allowed 1 project at a time.

66Tiger

Donation Time
No offense but keep the Sunbeam and ditch the Mustang...there are millions of Mustangs on the road (472,121 made in 1967 alone) but you are truly unique in a Sunbeam! I saw 8 or 9 Mustangs (1965-2005) at a local car cruise just last night. Can't say I have ever waved to myself on the open road.

I hope someone here picks up this car I would love to see pictures as it progresses and when it's completed.

Paul

65SunbeamPE

I do not have a good idea what the car could be worth. There really was over $30k spent on this car. I am trying to get some advise, but I need to sell as soon as possible. If you are serious about this car you can email me at ahaddox@phillippieng.com. Make me an offer and I will consider it.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I do not have a good idea what the car could be worth. There really was over $30k spent on this car. I am trying to get some advise, but I need to sell as soon as possible. If you are serious about this car you can email me at ahaddox@phillippieng.com. Make me an offer and I will consider it.
With the $30K spent on it quote, sounds like it is going to be expensive.

Jose

britbeam

Donation Time
This is a good example of why its important to do your own work.If someone does it for you you gotta pay by the hour etc. The man has got to be paid for the service provided. Will this car ever be worth this to me, well no but it will be a great car for someone. At this cost so far what would the finished car cost. I couldnt drive it I would have to put it in a glass bubble.
Dwain V6 Krazy

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Right, with finished Alpines modified or not going for only 10-15K, I can't see anyone paying more than 2-3K.
Sad but it would still cost another 5-6K in parts alone to finish, plus ones labor......

65SunbeamPE

This car is not for the typical Alpine enthusiast. This car is for someone that is serious about building a high end ridiculously fast modification to an Alpine. The front suspension and rear end PARTS alone cost $7k. They are not from a dismantler, they are new show car quality performance parts. You can price them on the internet (TCI Mustang II IFS and Currie built 31 spline true trac posi Ford 9†rear end). I also appreciate doing the work yourself, but there is a huge difference in fitting a V6 versus a 302 V8. I would not recommend the level of fabrication necessary to fit a 302 V8 be done by the typical home mechanic. I am looking for $10k which includes the $7k in front and rear end. So you get the car with all the fabrication for $3k. This car can make a major modified project car obtainable and completable by nearly anyone. I hope there is someone ready to build an Alpine a step above most, but if no one ends up interested then I will part it out.