• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'63 Sunbeam Value & Sale?

Beamin63

Donation Time
Sadly, my husband of 30+ years passed away 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately, I cannot maintain all his hobbies (as much as I wish I had the time and energy), so the '63 Sunbeam that we purchased from Wheeler Dealers must be sold. It is the Sunbeam you see at the top of the page. I'm wondering if anyone in the Club could give me an idea of value and good mechanism for sale that won't include meeting in Starbuck's parking lots.

We have driven it little since we purchased it and in the last 6 months, even less. I don't like watching it sit. It needs to be driven and I only have so many hours in the day. I did start it up last week and it started right up and sounds strong.

Since the purchase from Mike Brewer and Co., Frank Monise of Monise Motors (Montclair) did quite a lot of work to it for us, including brakes, transmission, upholstery and we put the original seats back in.

Included are a few pictures. (I guess I can do this here...?) If not, please feel free to let me know the rules of the site.Alpine Memorial Park 08-05-16.jpgIMG_2091.JPG

My E-mail is rdechaine1 at ca.rr.com

Thank you,
Cindy DeChaine

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Very sorry to hear this news. Your husband was very good to me when buying some of his left over parts.
A very nice car and I suspect will sell quickly.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Cindy, You can post all the pictures and make any comments you wish.

More of the Alpine would sure help a prospective buyer.

If you need any help just ask..... Our Guys are always willing to assist a Sunbeam owner.

Your City and State would also be a noteworthy addition to your post.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Very sorry for your loss, Cindy. It's always too soon.
On a practical note, you may want to edit your post to remove your phone number, and give it to people by private message instead.
Later tonight, I'll look up the posts regarding the purchase of the car, to introduce it to them or refresh their memory.

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
I agree will be very interesting. Nice color. Appears to be a GT which could be considered a negative in some climates - I hope the buyer understands this!

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Great looking, and cool Alpine to own. Interesting that it apparently still needed brake and transmission work, but, at least that’s been taken care of for the next owner.