• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

62 revival blog progress reports

Ray62pine

Donation Time
I will start a blog on getting it back running and driveable.

Today did a little dent pulling. I will post pics as soon as I learn how.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Posting pictures using the forum software is clunky. The easiest thing to do is to sign up for a photo hosting site like Photobucket and just embed their 'forum' links. I have a free account there and that seems to be more than enough storage for my needs.

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Jims right. For allot of photos use either Photobucket or Google Photos, both free, then link to them from your posts here.

Greg D.

Donation Time
Ray, I understand your plight. I see what Jim said and it is Greek to me.

Hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Greg D.

Ray62pine

Donation Time
Car numbers id

I am doing my research.

I don't seem to have a large identification plate on the drivers side cowl.

I have a SAL 017608 on passenger side cowl.
The block number is B 9111620.
The valve cover sunbeam name on top front with a large S inside a diamond shaped raised place.

It might be that whoever took the carbs may have taken the vin plate if it had one. The only thing I know for sure is that it is a series 2 based on front of doors.

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
62 Revival Log

The metal plate that was mounted with screws on the drivers side should have the ID number, but you say it is missing. These metal plates are reproduced and once you have the correct ID number you can stamp it on that plate.

That ID number on this tag is not the official registration number and it should be stamped into the passenger side cowl on top of the ridge between the fender brace and the fender. That stamped number is the official ID for the Series II.

SAL numbers and body numbers are not used for registration of the vehicle.

65beam

Donation Time
reports

If you have a title to the car then the VIN is listed on it. Order a new plate from Sunbeam Specialties and stamp the VIN number. I sent a new plate to an owner in Georgia and he stamped the VIN number on it. He asks for documentation showing you own the car and then he'll stamp the plate in the proper manner. Cost to stamp is $20.00.

Ray62pine

Donation Time
Thanks guys, I read last nite on some website that in late near the end of the series 2 models they stopped stamping the vin on cowl and used the I'd plate and motor number.

Did not get a title, long gone thru previous owners.

I am not opposed to a ca assigned vin, but would be nice to have a plate and good number.

I will check with dmv to see if my motor vin is in the system on another car. If not I will try to get one from specialies.